air ride conversion

GOOG

pad to air on 38.000 rears should be around 4750.00 but I have been waiting since august for my final price from Hendrickson and transport equipment. raydan has one too but much more pricy around 8800.00 good luck with the Hendrickson boys, I'm pissed! I couldn't run a business the way they have treated me that's for damn sure!

I tried to copy and paste the link here with no success. I'm looking at the PRIMAXX EX. I have 44's now on Camelback. I'm hoping to use my rears again. I can't see $4,700 in what they are providing. - Tom

Your looking at a completely different suspension from the one you got. New holes have to be laid out and drilled in the frame. A full conversion for that price, if that includes the parts, isn't bad at all. If that's parts cost ($4700) that also sounds about right with all the new components needed for the new suspension.

When I say it seems expensive, I am talking about parts. I intend to install it myself. If I'm recycling my rears, that is a lot of money, in my opinion. I go off pavement very little. I'm pulling a 50 ton lowboy. The reason I'm looking at the idea of converting is, my rear suspension needs attention anyway, now is a good time.

When I say it seems expensive, I am talking about parts. I intend to install it myself. If I'm recycling my rears, that is a lot of money, in my opinion. I go off pavement very little. I'm pulling a 50 ton lowboy. The reason I'm looking at the idea of converting is, my rear suspension needs attention anyway, now is a good time.

There are quite a bit of parts associated with that system from what I've seen. To myself, it doesn't seem surprising; suspension parts are expensive. If the cost of new is a factor, you could always look for a cutoff, but keep in mind the possibility of replacement of worn parts as well.

I have an air ride cab. I'm not terribly unhappy with the ride quality. (thanks to the 205" wheelbase) The reason I would consider the switch to air ride is, for the benefit of the truck when I'm dead heading. The hard ride isn't only tough on the driver, the truck takes a beating too. I have no knowledge, but I see no reason the Mack rears couldn't be used again.

buy an eldorado vip seat from canada. It will be about 1200 shipped to you. It is a dramatic difference in ride quality. I have 44k rears and a 188 wb and i have a 22 foot dump trailer with spring suspension and that seat makes a HUGE difference. It allows your knees to stay in one spot but your your pelvis moves up and down when you hit bumps. Get the arm rests with it and tighten them up and you literally rest your elbows on the armrests and wrists on the steering wheel all day, no problem. IF a huge bump comes up all you have to do is push down with your elbows on the arm rests. I love the seat so much i am debating putting one in my air ride pete. Good luck :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!