2016 CXU 50 000 mile update.

These new Macks have way fewer issues then other comparable makes. The Pinnacle is overdue for an update but given the choice of another Make in our yard that has way bigger cabs and sleepers, I reach for the Bulldog everytime. Good luck with the new unit. It sounds like it's doing well.

Everyone forgets about the one spec you can't order from the factory, Pride in your ride.

• Like 1

When I was in the market for a new truck last fall, I went to Peterbilt first and spec'd out a 579. I think they are a nice truck but I find them to be very "automotive" inside. Personally I found the Macks little more rough around the edges and that's what I like about it. Its just enough that it still feels like I'm driving a semi, yet with all the creature comforts and then some.

• Like 1

Glad to hear how well it's doing! Good mileage. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I fear that when Mack does finally do their revamp, they will go full out Volvo with the elimination of that sub-roof over the seats, and very automotive style gauges and switches etc....yuck. I hope they don't go that route, however I feel they might.

• Like 1

I would be much happier if they just brought back the 80" version with subtle updates.

A shelf big enough for a microwave and a larger fridge option would be a start. So simple.

Its the complaints I hear from my drivers. They see them in other trucks and wonder why our trucks are so far behind.

80" would solve lots. keep the rest the way it is.

A bigger fridge would be nice. I just bought a cooler as well. As for the microwave, I rigged up a nice clean set up. I used 2 small pieces of angle iron, and 4 lengths of threaded rod. I drilled holes through the bottom of the passenger side cabinet and hung my microwave from under that cabinet. I don't lose that desktop above the closet, the microwave isn't going anywhere, and it's eye level. It's perfect.

A bigger fridge would be nice. I just bought a cooler as well. As for the microwave, I rigged up a nice clean set up. I used 2 small pieces of angle iron, and 4 lengths of threaded rod. I drilled holes through the bottom of the passenger side cabinet and hung my microwave from under that cabinet. I don't lose that desktop above the closet, the microwave isn't going anywhere, and it's eye level. It's perfect.

exactly.....all of that to a brand new truck shouldn't be necessary.

Good to hear it's working well for you. I drive a '15 daycab at work that does peddle work during the day and linehaul at night, 5 days a week. At 198k miles, it's only had a few minor electronic malfunctions, all of which were relatively quick fixes at the company shop.

• Like 1

Jim

Yup, it performs well, I am quite happy with it. Something to keep in mind however, I don't set the cruise and just steer it down the road with a finger up my nose while the cruise pins the boost gauge to 40 on every overpass. I really have to watch what I'm doing to get that. It's rare this truck makes the 505/1860 it's rated for.

• 2 weeks later...