might be buying a pete with a 215 wheelbase. need advice

It's all persanal preference in what you want and like. I've sat in many and it just doesn't fit me right. And I hate how the clutch peddle is also. Though I've never driven a C15 and I always hear once you drive one you will never want to drive anything else.

This is true, I drove a 379 for a long time, and they're a hard truck to get comfortable in. It was a nice truck though, I liked it.

post-1374-0-11469700-1448485897_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Dont get me wrong. If the perfect superliner came along with an e7 400

Came along with a 13 speed and air ride and 390-417 gearing came along i would pay top dollar but i got tired of looking and the pete will hold its value till now. I just couldnt find a superliner that I wanted

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I agree with what a previous poster said about Petes being like Harleys. There's a lot about a Pete that's "retro" and that's the problem IMHO. Visibility when backing is tough (if you have a sleeper). I don't care for those pedals. Wipers are archaic, as is the hvac system. If you run a bug shield and like to sit on the floor you'll lose the vehicle in front of you in heavy traffic (be aware of THAT!). They do, however, look very nice, and that's the key for a lot of folks. Having said all that, I wish you the best of luck with your new Pete. It appears to be a looker.

I was just thinking about BJ's trailer as soon as I started reading this thread.

I think he waited over 10 weeks and I'll have to ask him again but I'm pretty sure he said he wouldn't deal with Kens again.

I've always head the trailer is what makes the difference. I know BJ said its night and day difference between his spring ride steel and his air ride aluminum. And if you do order new, get the lift axle like BJ did. Makes sense since you are empty all the time.

I heard Trailstars are junk. I'd only think about MAC or East. BJ's is a MAC.

And I know of someone else that was talking about buying the Underhill truck.

I think they just over promised on the delivery date. It came in a month later than expected but otherwise I think everything else was fine.

a friend of mine got a E-Pak steel trailer. looks nice. haven't really had a chance to look it over, but he's pretty particular about his stuff

I'm just gonna take a guess, your talking about Tommy Powell. His new trailer looks nice. I don't think they are giving those

E-Pak's away. They came with a hefty price tag. I see they are making the big trailers as well. Saw a couple at Louisville this year.

post-13943-0-15855800-1448643812_thumb.j

post-13943-0-20419200-1448643825_thumb.j

Well, I just brought the truck home tonight! Tricky at first with having an electronic throttle but ill get used to it. So far I like it :)

Tons of torque down low. The mack isn't bad compared to it. Mack fits me like a glove but the pete is a whole other truck. Ill post pics if anyone wants to see

Truck looks good. Hope it works out for you.