Macks Down Under

How long were you there? Looks like a great time, Thanks for sharing!

I was "Down Under" for a total of two weeks, but only in Alice Springs for 3 days, one of which was a tour of the McDowell mountains west of town.

Spent one day at Tony Champions dealership and private collection in Townsville. Will post pictures later. and 3 days in Melbourne where we did 4 private collections on Sunday. Again pictures still to come!!

• Like 2

Brocky

that white and red superliner pickup use to be in the states. saw it at Macungie before. those Australians sure do have some nice paint jobs. all the stripes and colors on those B models. wonder if they have those Dayton rims chromed or they can buy them?? anyone else notice all the Australian B models seem to have the bigger fuel tank and bigger filler neck and they are Checkerboard pattern and not Diamond plate? wonder if the Checkerboard was export only.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The only reason your steering wheel is on the wrong side is because we the yanks started building cars first and the mother country (England) started second, so they cannot stand that the rebels were ahead of them so they had to be different even if wrong, everyone else in Europe is left hand drive.

The only reason your steering wheel is on the wrong side is because we the yanks started building cars first and the mother country (England) started second, so they cannot stand that the rebels were ahead of them so they had to be different even if wrong, everyone else in Europe is left hand drive.

We have a good reason for driving in the left. I found this in the net.

"In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him. Moreover, it reduced the chance of the scabbard (worn on the left) hitting other people."

• Like 1

And more than that Timmy them Yanks lazy buggers that they are years ago their steering wheel was on the same side of the road as ours but when they pulled up in their towns and their dirt roads were all mud they pulled up on the wrong side of the road so they hopped out onto drier mud but the problem was to many were having accidents when taking off because they sat on the wrong side so pretty soon some yank had the bright idea to put the wheel on the other side and only the passengers got out in they dry mud or at least that was on a documentary once on TV

sought of makes sense to me who knows though now

Paul

We have a good reason for driving in the left. I found this in the net.

"In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him. Moreover, it reduced the chance of the scabbard (worn on the left) hitting other people."

Hmmm.... When I was a kid I was told swordsmen used to pass each other by a shield side. So every body kept right side.

Brocky,

Those trucks are absolutely awesome!

Thank you for sharing.

I need some explanations though.

That event at Alice Springs - was that a current truck show or the museum's collection?

I doubt museum would keep so many beautiful vehicles outside.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad

The Reunion part of the Museum is a Show that takes place every 5 years, next one in 2020, start saving your rubles.. They do have a lot of "Boneyard" stuff stored outside as their climate is very dry like our Arizona. When I get a chance I will post some pictures from the museum itself and some of the other trucks in the Odds and Ends section.

post-10459-0-24262800-1443703153_thumb.j

post-10459-0-24421400-1443703277_thumb.j

post-10459-0-57329200-1443703418_thumb.j

post-10459-0-79786900-1443703532_thumb.j

• Like 1

Brocky

Vlad

The Reunion part of the Museum is a Show that takes place every 5 years, next one in 2020, start saving your rubles.. They do have a lot of "Boneyard" stuff stored outside as their climate is very dry like our Arizona. When I get a chance I will post some pictures from the museum itself and some of the other trucks in the Odds and Ends section.

Thank you for the advice and explanation.

Unfortunately there were not enough rubles this time to get there personally. 2020 is a long times, we'll see.

Pretty sure you had nice days being there. Many big Macks I saw on the net you was able to come by.

Looking foward for more news from your side.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012