Environmental Extremists Target Diesels, VW First Victim...

Since the EPA are anti fossil fuel why should this surprising? They should realize the Natural gas fuels many of our power plants and probably put out more emissions to keep their "pollution free" green cars powered up than all the Diesel V.W.'s in North America.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like an environment group has pressured EPA to recall a half million VW diesels: http://gearheadgrrrl.com/2015/09/21/tuning-to-the-test-epa-wants-to-make-an-example-of-vw/

The EPA does suck but VW was caught with the hand in the cookie jar and using software that detected an emissions test and changed the profile for the test. Pretty amazing stuff if you asked me.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I could care less about the VW "scandal".

If I were in the market for a new diesel car, I'd take a serious look at a VW. They are sure to have some good deals right now and I couldn't care less if my emissions worked or not (no emissions testing in my neck of the woods).

Honestly, I could care less about the VW "scandal".

If I were in the market for a new diesel car, I'd take a serious look at a VW. They are sure to have some good deals right now and I couldn't care less if my emissions worked or not (no emissions testing in my neck of the woods).

they cannot sale you a 2.0 tdi right now glad I got a 2015 back early in the year

Long Island has paint regs now. With out a Certified spray booth/ filter system a vehicle repair shop can spray on aerosol can a day. And yes there are people who enforce the regs. We have to have scrubbers and filters on bakery and restaurant exhausts, they are even attempting to regulate the dust generated by harrowing and harvesting fields. F them!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There's a fairly large segment of our population that would like nothing better than to take our old trucks off the road so do be surprised if they try to.

I think CA already has laws that older trucks have to be retrofitted by 2014 and by 2023 no truck will be allowed on the road that is over 13 years old. I would assume this only applies to commercial operators and collectors are exempt.

We don't want them here either! Bad enough they started a war on farmers on Long Island! They determined that farming is an environmental disaster. We create air pollution from dust and the pollen (yep,pollen) from crops. we use more water than needed and the best is we use dreaded Nitrate Fertilizer, (good for the mac mansion lawns but not food). They actually have a bill pending to limit the hours and amount of water used for irrigation with the inclusion of a water filtration system for run off. Regulation of the dust generated from harrowing and planting by requiring a "dust collection" system for the tractors and equipment. Best is pollen control for harvesting.

They tried to close farm stands because of the pollution of idling vehicles of customers and that failed. Don't fear they started to enforce the ADA laws for handicaped people at road side stands by ticketing for no handicap rest rooms, counters to high for wheel chairs, no designated handicap parking area (on dirt!) and other ADA regulations.

P.T.CHESHIRE

They have been trying to find a way to fine cattle producers for cow farts (Methane gas) they will find some way to tax them for it REALLY what kind of idiot sits around being paid a high government union dollar thinking of this who with any sort of a competent frame of mind thinks of taxing animal owners for their livestock farting. Most of those fat pig overweight politicians probably fart more than a decent size steer anyway its gotten way out of control as they say the nuts are running the nut house.

• Like 1

They have been trying to find a way to fine cattle producers for cow farts (Methane gas) they will find some way to tax them for it REALLY what kind of idiot sits around being paid a high government union dollar thinking of this who with any sort of a competent frame of mind thinks of taxing animal owners for their livestock farting. Most of those fat pig overweight politicians probably fart more than a decent size steer anyway its gotten way out of control as they say the nuts are running the nut house.

We went to the pubic meeting about the laws. One farmer asked where do you think your food comes from? The reply was he gets his from a grocery store.

Typical liberal rules. We rented our house in Oyster Bay because of their commercial parking law. Could not park a commercially tagged vehicle over night on any street and could not park it in your yard if it was over 20 feet long and 6 feet tall. Couldn't park my F-250 in the yard because it was commercial tagged, put on passenger car plates and suddenly all was fine. . . They seem to make laws to look busy with no ideas of the consequences.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

And they have warning labels on everything even ladders to try to preserve the numbers of stupid people most of the stupid were killed off by their own stupid mistakes years ago now the dummycrats have figures out a way to preserve their voters with guards on everything and safty regs.

Ain't all the democrats that's to blame- I've got a winter hidaway in Collier County, Florida and the regulations there are tighter than anything I've seen in democratic leaning Minnesota. Collier County is totally controlled by republicans...

It is never been a party issue and never will be. What started out as common sense legislation has not turned into a free for all for eco groups with the ideals from Berkley, frustrated HMO's who want "Quality of Life" laws for their the idea of Eden, revenue for the governments (local,state and federal). The biggest mover for ALL the rules is none of the above but only the one bottom line. . . MONEY and CONTROL. Nothing more nothing less.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Big business and their party (the republicans) like regulation because it makes building trucks or whatever for their small business competitors or competition of any size more difficult. For example, the 2010 EPA regs drove Cat from the marketplace, and Renault (Mack), Marmon, and Western Star likely sold out because of impending emmissions regulations. Also explains why vertical integrated truck makers Daimler and Volvo have no qualms with the proposed fuel economy standards, with the exception of allowing engine only certification. Why?. Because if engine only certification isn't allowed, they can drive Cummins from the market.

I just read a piece over on the EPA website that states they are fixing to start regulating trailers also. They claim that because the trailer is part of the truck/trailer combo, they can regulate it. Most of it is aerodynamics but also low rolling resistance tires. I don't know what "low rolling resistance tires" are but they sound expensive. All in the name of reducing our "carbon footprint", If you believe in that hogwash.

Edited by m16ty