1963 b-61

masterwelder

That is a larger capacity tank for an air start then what I am familiar with on a B.

Wonder if that's a hydraulic tank for a dump body. Big battery box on the right side.

http://www.wantaddigest.com/forsale/wantad.asp?onlineid=BLU0006&adid=A00001

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The pictures don't give any real close up detail to give a good indication of rust. But, from what one can see, it looks like a really solid cab. She would make a good restoration project. I would put a little flat bed on the back and pull around a tag-along or a goose neck trailer. Tractors are expensive to license in New York State. Although some people tell me the plates for antique class aren't so expensive, but then you are restricted as to what you can drive it for. Anyway, they should knock 3500.00 off for BMT members.

i miss the days when B's were $250 bucks. and call me a purist but I hate when someone takes a nice stock original tractor like that and takes the 5th wheel off and puts a flat bed off. to register a tractor in Ny for your own use with historic plates only costs $32.00 a year plus about $115 insurance. its if you register it commercial to make money and haul everyone elses stuff is where they rape you. haulin your own stuff your good. I think the price of that truck is still a grand or two high. id probably just wash it down and clear coat it. plenty of shiny ones out there and as soon as you paint it nice, you scratch it.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The pictures don't give any real close up detail to give a good indication of rust. But, from what one can see, it looks like a really solid cab. She would make a good restoration project. I would put a little flat bed on the back and pull around a tag-along or a goose neck trailer. Tractors are expensive to license in New York State. Although some people tell me the plates for antique class aren't so expensive, but then you are restricted as to what you can drive it for. Anyway, they should knock 3500.00 off for BMT members.

Yes tractors are expensive to register in NY- don't I know- but you could register it with just commercial plates also. I have had tractors registered as commercial I the past.

How old does a truck have to be to register it with historic plates in NY? Also, if I did put a flatbed on such a truck I would make it easily removable by simply unbolting, so if someone wanted to reinstall the fifth-wheel unit then it would be no big deal.