HUGE AUCTION - Ken Robinson Collection

Paying sales tax in Massachusetts negates the sales tax in NY so I come out 2.5% on the plus side buyer fee is 15% on site less the 2.5% I save on tax so a buyers fee of 12.5% is the same as Mecham or RM auctions. On the down side CRG can charge up to 25% fee depending on payment method.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paying sales tax in Massachusetts negates the sales tax in NY so I come out 2.5% on the plus side buyer fee is 15% on site less the 2.5% I save on tax so a buyers fee of 12.5% is the same as Mecham or RM auctions. On the down side CRG can charge up to 25% fee depending on payment method.

How do you save 2.5%?

15% in person goes directly to Auction plus 6.25% MA Sales tax not sure if they do a city tax but if they do that is probably another 1 or 2%. If not just the premium and state tax comes out to 21.25%. Not being a math wiz, it looks like at least $21.25 for every $100 spent so if you buy a truck for $5000 you would be paying an additional $1062 for it for a total of $6062.50. Last I knew when I was buy from RB if it sells for more than $2500 it is 2.5% and 10% on items that sell less than that.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

How do you save 2.5%?

15% in person goes directly to Auction plus 6.25% MA Sales tax not sure if they do a city tax but if they do that is probably another 1 or 2%. If not just the premium and state tax comes out to 21.25%. Not being a math wiz, it looks like at least $21.25 for every $100 spent so if you buy a truck for $5000 you would be paying an additional $1062 for it for a total of $6062.50. Last I knew when I was buy from RB if it sells for more than $2500 it is 2.5% and 10% on items that sell less than that.

Just about CRG and the auctioneer making $$$ it's a combined fee for the 2 companies. Heck of a lot of money. My interest is in the '16 AC and the late 30's AC.One of the first and one of the last. For me it' a ferry ride and a few hour ride there so it's an easy trip.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If anyone goes in person,let me know. I can't drag anything more home from that far away especially right now,but there's supposed to be parts,and there's a few small items I'm looking for.

Mike, you don't have to drag it all the way home right now. I know a place in N.E. Indiana that you can let stuff set until Wendy drops her guard.....

• Like 2

Hate to tell this ,but I know a local contractor that cleaned out some buildings sent three D models to scrap, did not know about it till they were gone!

There was one close by here that I lost track of and supposedly it got scrapped too.This was 20 years ago,I spotted it behind the fence of a junkyard near Washington,IA.I stopped and asked about it,but it wasn't for sale,it was being used to erect a sign,it had a knuckle boom crane on back of it,and only 20k miles,damn solid,just faded.It belonged to a guy from Marengo,IA,it went back there and I haven't seen it since,tried tracking it down,but from what I could gather,it had been scrapped.

Most likely like the KEMP auction. Some long idle and some probably easily brought back to life. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

has this auction taken place and if so any one know if LJSWX sold

Auction is October 10 11 am start

Inspection October 7 to 9 9 am to 4 pm

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the auction catalog.

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/capital-recovery-group/catalogue-id-cap10100

Interesting that the LJ #1 wrecker has a chassis number of 4XXX. Either the listing has the wrong picture or the frame has been swapped at some point.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Here is the auction catalog.

http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/capital-recovery-group/catalogue-id-cap10100

Interesting that the LJ #1 wrecker has a chassis number of 4XXX. Either the listing has the wrong picture or the frame has been swapped at some point.

Thanks, now I've got to bring more money, a bigger truck and trailer and help.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I figured your storage containers in VA were lonely.

8 are stacked and welded together for 2/3 rds of my shop, So since I need to get 2 more, it'll be best if they're filled with AC's and AC parts

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey that is a bunch of BMT members all in one place at the same time. What if Something happened? We better get some insurance on this gathering just in case...Dam shame its the same time as Hershey, where I'm headed Wednesday. Stopping a the Mack Museum on the way out on Wednesday which I am stoked to do but would love to look these trucks over just once...

Dang.

Thanks, now I've got to bring more money, a bigger truck and trailer and help.

Paul, when are you planning on coming up? I'm going to try and get over there Thursday or Friday. I can't help with the more money and bigger truck.....but I can help with the loading

I'll be up early Friday morning . I'll take the ferry to New London and almost a straight shot from there.

This auction is making me miss Hersey the first time since 1982, at least my buddy will be using my spots. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey that is a bunch of BMT members all in one place at the same time. What if Something happened? We better get some insurance on this gathering just in case...Dam shame its the same time as Hershey, where I'm headed Wednesday. Stopping a the Mack Museum on the way out on Wednesday which I am stoked to do but would love to look these trucks over just once...

Dang.

So...you're talking about taking out a large insurance policy?..but you can't be there...already established an alibi...sounds mighty 'spicious- if there did happen to be a big supplosion there or something, the investigation is going to start with you. :whistling:

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.