Power Divider questions

Hi. Just got back from a 4, 12hr day gig delivering water for forest fires. Truck did pretty good overall. I used my power divider quite a bit and it seemed to operate just fine until yesterday. I had it engaged for about 3 miles of hill, loose gravel so there was some slippage from time to time, but it worked well, no noises no nothing. Now its not engaging anymore. I can't hear it click in and the light isn't coming on in the dash anymore. The bulb could be burnt out but I don't think that's it. I have attached a picture of what im assuming is the power divider unit. Am I correct in thinking this is the divider unit? What can I look for when trying to find my issue? I have never worked on a power divider before...

post-20840-0-70870600-1440787656_thumb.j

Edited by Full Floater

That is your power divider. The airline going to the shift cylinder is the supply airline. Remove the airline and flip the dash switch. If you have air, it could be a power divider problem. No air, and its before the power divider (maybe the switch). Since you dont hear any type of click and have no indicator light I would lean towards an air supply problem.

• Like 1

Thanks again Challenger!!! That will be next on the list once I figure out the reverse issue. Another thing that I just thought of is, I did engage the divider twice before I came to a complete stop. I was going slow, clutch disengaged so no load on it but I was moving. I realize the warning label says not to engage with vehicle in motion but I panicked

Even if you destroyed the power divider (I dont think you did), when you flip the switch the light should come on. The indicator light is just saying the switch is "on, " it doesnt actually know what the power divider is doing. Lets say the switch is bad, the light wont come on and the power divider wont engage.

• Like 2

Thanks again Challenger!!! That will be next on the list once I figure out the reverse issue. Another thing that I just thought of is, I did engage the divider twice before I came to a complete stop. I was going slow, clutch disengaged so no load on it but I was moving. I realize the warning label says not to engage with vehicle in motion but I panicked

As long as the rear wheels are not spinning, you can engage power divider at a slow speed.