new help identify truck

H 62 is the model. It would have been built with a gas engine. An H 63 would have been a diesel. My guess would be about a 1956 model year. Later H cabs did not have the small window in the side of the sleeper. It looks to have some usable parts. What are your plans?

do you know if they listed the VIN number on the cabs anywhere? the frame is long gone, there is 2 tags on pass side, 1 of them has chassis number. dont know if that was number listed on title or not.

second tag just has AC 154 1346 on it, dont know what that is.

the chassis # is the VIN,the other tag is cab assembly #. Good find,they only made 64 H62's

ok so i did some reading and found H62's were made from 1954 to 1958. were there 64 made each year or was just 64 total made in the whole span of 5 years production?

just wondering, and without chassis there is no real way to tell which year?

I thought you said you had two tags, One with the chassis number? Chassis number is the VIN.

Like H62T-1034.

oh yes, i didnt know that was the VIN number, i guess i didnt understand that when it was posted above. my fault. showing my lack of mack knowledge.

experience is that thing you get right after you needed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so since the frame is long gone to the crusher, confirmed by the previous owner, kind of thought it. had to ask though.

the attached pictures show my plans, i know its not in stock form, but i just cant help but think, it will be so cool to see this rolling down the road again one day.

i plan on putting it on this motor home chassis, with a car hauler bed on the back.

post-21283-0-13903000-1442254297_thumb.j

post-21283-0-85632400-1442254304_thumb.j

• Like 2

At least it is being saved and it is not like you are tossing a MACK running gear away. Go For It!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...