Spoke to hub pilot hub swap brake drum part number?

I just swapped from spoke to hub pilot hubs on a rd688s with 44k axles. They were h1006 I believe gunite hubs I installed and I was told by a mack guru a 3402 brake drum is what I was going to need but the 3402 drum seems to leave about 1/8th inch of brake shoe outside the drum? I can't see this being a big issue other than it leaving a lip on the brake shoe as it wears. Is it OK to run it like this? Mack wasn't able to help me out much with what I exactly need brake wise. It's a 7" shoe on there now, should I run a 6.75" shoe rather than a 7? if anyone knows what drum I really need I'd love to know. Thank you to who ever can help

I just swapped from spoke to hub pilot hubs on a rd688s with 44k axles. They were h1006 I believe gunite hubs I installed and I was told by a mack guru a 3402 brake drum is what I was going to need but the 3402 drum seems to leave about 1/8th inch of brake shoe outside the drum? I can't see this being a big issue other than it leaving a lip on the brake shoe as it wears. Is it OK to run it like this? Mack wasn't able to help me out much with what I exactly need brake wise. It's a 7" shoe on there now, should I run a 6.75" shoe rather than a 7? if anyone knows what drum I really need I'd love to know. Thank you to who ever can help

Your desire should be a cut-and-dry matter rather than a mystery.

Unless Volvo has terminated Mack procedure, your Mack dealer would submit a changeover request with your truck's model and serial number to the specifications department at parts operations. The dealer would then be provided a list of the parts required (and/or the related mounting arrangements) to perform the changeover (ie. the parts the factory would have used had your truck been originally ordered that way), and you would then order the parts..........without any doubts whatsoever.

Yes, you would assume the former Allentown factory branch would know that..........unless Volvo has terminated that decades old Mack procedure.

For future parts orders, you would need to keep track of the retrofitted part numbers by archiving your parts purchase receipt.

• Like 1