I been looking for a winch for a long time now a finally got one. What I am looking for is information on them. This one has 23L stamped in the top to the gear housing. I have been looking around the web and on eBay for information like operation and what leavers do what on it, the capacity, ect. I never really seen a post on here with this topic discussed.

If anyone had a rope reel laying around for one of these I would like to buy one.

post-11429-0-42404100-1438037157_thumb.j

post-11429-0-30973400-1438037185_thumb.j

I can't tell in the pictures which one does what but one of those levers controls the jaw clutch which allows you to free spool line off of the drum the other controls the band brake on the drum which appears to be missing also that mounting configuration on the end opposite the gear housing looks strange to me

The configuration opposit the drive gear is the torque limiter if I'm not wrong.

I have the description of Garwood winch in the manual of military Mack NM.

The one you have looks generally similar.

PM me if you want it scanned.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I can't tell in the pictures which one does what but one of those levers controls the jaw clutch which allows you to free spool line off of the drum the other controls the band brake on the drum which appears to be missing also that mounting configuration on the end opposite the gear housing looks strange to me

It is a Centrifugal Brake.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They are available so is the missing linkages for it. As are manuals, parts list etc.

http://www.team-twg.com/en/company/order-parts-now.htm

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE