04 granite 460 no power... ?

Hey all, as the topic lists i have a 2004 granite that is the most gutless wonder iv ever driven. cant get out of its own way until 1600-1800 rpm then pulls like a freight train. iv read a few things on this topic and iv called the dealer about a reflash and such. They say there is no such thing for that truck. Has anyone had this problem? any luck getting it fixed? chime in id really like to make it the 460 it should be!

The dealer can check to see if the truck has step 12B programming upgrade. If not they can have it turned on and reflash and reprogram and they can check if the engine module has any updates also. The 12B programming does help with acceleration power. Also check boost and fuel pressure.

Sounds like your dealer does not know how to check the programming. I still do the 12B programming from time to time as we see less of the E-Tech and ASET engines. If you can give me the last 6 of the vin and if it is a CV or a CT model I can let you know. It may take me a day or two.

You are at Step 9B. The dealer will need to call Mack tech support and have them turn it on. Also they can have tech support check if there are any updates to the EECU. If they won't I can have it done but your local dealer will have to do the programming.

The step 12B update helps a lot, if your "dealer" doesn't know about it they aren't a Mack dealer or that guy is new. I found out playing with my 04 427 that if you ease into the throttle then back off and go back into it you'll almost eliminate the smoke limiting de fuel at takeoff because you already show positive manifold pressure. There are some programs out there that will make em run, trouble is getting them to do it as engineering is hard to come off the programs.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Did you call Rochester Injection ??? the man there say's he can make AI engines run as good as any pre sh-t engine, but then again we don't much stuff with weight so we might not know(not really) last year we crossed the scale in MN. @ 414,000lbs with our 460 Mack, it runs great, dealer will only do what Mack will allow, that is why guys like Bruce Mallison (Pittsburgh power) and others do so well at making things go better, but with more power comes more expense, It costs money to run with the big dogs, if you know what I mean ???

Say you had an Etech or aset AI engine, now say you wanted more power with OEM parts. Just for the sake of argument maybe put some 427 injectors, an advanced cam key, a 460xt turbo together with a 355-380 maxicruise ecm........ I'm not saying its wood shattering but hey over 500hp to the ground ain't bad!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Well my dealer like before knows nothing about any updates or anything... The said calling mack tech will do nothing and seens how mack and volvo are one of the same the guy said, the days of tuning and updating are long gone.... This is so frustrating all I want is a 460 horse truck to be a 460horse... I mean I'd take more but heck it feels like a wooping 150hp

• 2 weeks later...