Air compressor/air dryer problems

bandc

I have a questions for everyone. How hot is the air compressor on an 01 CH 613 supposed to get? After running ours for a while, we are not able to build air past 70 to 100 and the air compressor is smoking hot. If you pour any water on it, it will boil it. Is that normal? Also any ideas as to why it won't build pressure. Put a new regulator on it, adjusted it with the screw both ways this does nothing. Got air to air dryer if you take both lines off the air is coming through the air dryer, could it be the air dryer that is not letting it build up? I don't want to spend a small fortune on a compressor if I can get away with just an air dryer. Any help would be appreciated.

take the truck to a shop air supply, then remove the discharge line from the compressor and adapt it to shop air and check for leaks, if system checks out then check out compressor. remeber to chock the wheels and release the brakes as you could also have a bad air can causing a leak,

Governor controls cut out and cut in pressure for the air compressor. Did you check for any leaks? If the compressor is running constantly to keep up it will get hot.

Agreed. How long while driving does it take for the compressor to cycle off/on/off?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I had this issue with my 2000 CX. Check the main air outlet line, the braided stainless steel line from compressor to air dryer. Over time, any oil in the line will bake and eventually plug the line. This due to its proximity to the engine exhaust pipe. The compressor can't pump through the blockage, overheats, and will ultimately fail.

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The air compressor may be getting too hot due to lack of coolant flow. Is the coolant line at the rear of the compressor head routed to the lower right side of the block(below the #6 eup pump)? If so, the line is most likely packed full of casting sand-an issue with the e-tech engines. There is a service bulletin to re-rout the rear coolant line to the rear of the coolant manifold.