Dayton style wheels

My truck has 1100-24.5 tires. Not enough for 18000 lb .axle. What do i have to do ,affordable ,to put 1200-24 tires on it. or any other heavier weight rated tires./ Front axle

Edited by LINKBELT

What 220 Cummins and Jim Hancock said is correct. I would go with the 12;24.5 tires as 12:00 24 tube type are very expensive,hard to find,heavy to work with and I do not think they will take the heat as well as the 12:24.5 tubeless. I ran them for years on a heavy tandem dump in New Jersey Landfills. They are great for heavy work around towns and off road but not sustained highway speeds. Is your truck dayton or Budd-hub-piloted wheels. If Budd or hub-piloted just get new rims 9" or larger depending on what tire you want to run. Joe D.

• Like 1

What about going to the 24.5 floats in either 385 or 415?? Will they carry the weight this man wants??? Then all he would have to do is buy new rims and tires and bolt them on..

20 inch tube type= 22.5 tubeless

22 inch tube type= 24.5 tubeless

Going to 22.5 would mean changing the spokes the same as Jim Hancock said about 12:00-24 tube type.

Brocky

What 220 Cummins and Jim Hancock said is correct. I would go with the 12;24.5 tires as 12:00 24 tube type are very expensive,hard to find,heavy to work with and I do not think they will take the heat as well as the 12:24.5 tubeless. I ran them for years on a heavy tandem dump in New Jersey Landfills. They are great for heavy work around towns and off road but not sustained highway speeds. Is your truck dayton or Budd-hub-piloted wheels. If Budd or hub-piloted just get new rims 9" or larger depending on what tire you want to run. Joe D.

Dayton wheels,t ruck rated at 83000 with proper tires,don`t know why in the world it wound up with 11r24.5~s on it.I` reckon i`ll tag at lower gross weight and go with the 12r24.5`s around city, tandem grapple truck for tree serv.