Pickup conversions......

• 3 weeks later...

Scratching my head for a while on the vent window latches. Both of mine had broken off. Bought a vent window from an awesome Mack owner with a good handle and post but still needed the passenger side. Bought  two handles from Watts for $85 but they don't come with the clip and post they mount on.   Now I found a source for locking vent window handles with the post that are a direct fit! The old handle in the one in front/middle

20201128_052258[1].jpg

20201128_052323[1].jpg

• Like 1

The first photo was before I had it loaded and shipped up to my area. The others are after paint and getting ready to be assembled.

I get that there are people that will hate this and think that I bastardized a B model. But I have met a number of guys that bought Mack B models because they looked awesome but then found its a big piece of equipment  taking up space for the little bit they actually drive it. Lets be honest with the non power steering, twin sticks and spartan nature of these old trucks you won't be using it as a daily driver or to run to the grocery store.

This is a truck you can drive every day, put to daily use and it is comfortable to drive and get in and out of. Still has the B model look with an actual pick up box behind it and with power steering, power brakes, air conditioning and heat with heated seats as well. The  1988 GMC C 3500 frame and drive train I used under it was my favorite truck to drive. Handled well, plenty of power.  Carburated-No computer) Now this Mack will be too.

I am building this truck to sell, but like every custom build I have done it was built as if I was going to keep it...as I may.

20201011_062503[1].jpg

20201109_073417[2].jpg

20201109_073425[1].jpg

20201109_133021[1].jpg

• Like 2

I get that some people think these old trucks should be kept historical, but there are thousands of B models out there and I'd much rather see someone fix one up like you're doing than to see it sit out and rust into the ground. It's really neat to see one on the road and like you say if it's driveable then it will be on the road more often.

Most everything I build is very easy to work on...I get that from everyone that has bought my projects. For me its about creating something unique. The build, the creativity keeps me excited about getting up every day

On 12/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, Dqave B said:

Most everything I build is very easy to work on...I get that from everyone that has bought my projects. For me its about creating something unique. The build, the creativity keeps me excited about getting up every day

OK I can appreciate that  God love ya The first time I saw one was about 1978 guy did it with an R model it was pretty impressive that.... A childhood pal of mine builds T buckets and coupes ground restoration and custom drivelines of course Nobody wants to drive around at 40 miles an hour and no air-conditioning ha ha Ha any rate he takes about a year On  these cars Then sells them for around 80,000. Bob

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, mowerman said:

OK I can appreciate that  God love ya The first time I saw one was about 1978 guy did it with an R model it was pretty impressive that.... A childhood pal of mine builds T buckets and coupes ground restoration and custom drivelines of course Nobody wants to drive around at 40 miles an hour and no air-conditioning ha ha Ha any rate he takes about a year On  these cars Then sells them for around 80,000. Bob

That would be way above what I'd be expecting but I wouldn't turn it down!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...