E427 Mack revving issue

Has anybody had a E427 start quick revving at an idle? Can't figure out what is going on. Something electrical I think but not sure if its the throttle pedal or a sensor someplace. Any help would b appreciated. Thanks ,Ted

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What year is it. How high does it go to and is there any throttle response?

The rmps very some times it goes to 1000 to 1200 very seldom any higher than that. If I bump up the rmps when sitting it doesn't do it. Just at an idle

The rmps very some times it goes to 1000 to 1200 very seldom any higher than that. If I bump up the rmps when sitting it doesn't do it. Just at an idle

It's a 96 ch613

I had a vmac 2 doing that, then the injector pump went to hell

Really. We been fighting this for a few months. Every now and then it will start jumping going down the road it did it to me last night but u lay into the fuel it goes away or let off it goes away. Very puzzled any response is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

On vmac 1&2 instead of a spring governor setup in the injector pump its controlled by electric servos. And they can go bad. I still think vmac2 is one of the best setups mack had.

I changed the throttle pedal and it still does it I think I'm gonna have the injector pump looked at

That is one way of testing parts but another way would have been take it to mack and they could have monitored the tps and said yes or no for being bad.

Hell the Mack dealer around here says they have no idea why it does that. I found a loose plug on the fuel pump last night.

• 1 month later...