Air Brake Treadle Plunger Rubber Boot

Doing a super cleaning on a truck and found that the rubber boot on the R treadle was completely dry rotted. Just pulling the plunger out made the rubber crumble. Probably from China.....

Well, that is very nice!

It was a brand new PAI treadle assembly just 4 years ago. I called the dealer where I purchased it originally and they could sell me a whole new assembly. I explained how I just needed the boot, everything else was in good condition. No go. I tried a couple of off brand dealers with out any luck. Finally found a boot from my local IH dealer.

Fleet-pride now has a rubber boot coming in for me from one of their other stores so I can have a spare.

Sort of surprised so many shops didn't have one on hand. I think most people try to keep dirt and crap from hanging the plunger for their BRAKES!

Maybe every brand has a different boot? I didn't do any work on a cross reference.

So, Bendix 236982N is the part number that worked for me.

1" tall

3/4" top id. approximate

1 1/2" bottom id. app.

post-7036-0-49164600-1433773920_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That's an adventure Jim.

I've got my R threadle valve stuck after not going for a while and had to spill some ATF oil on it to get it loose.

Talking with Tracy at Watts I was promised to be sent with that rubber boot by other parts ocassion.

To the moment Tracy is no longer at Watts so now I'm in the need of allmighty Barry.

Thank you for sharing the info.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

So the treadle can stick my 05 granite seems like it doesn't come back and kinda hard truck is stopping but the pedal feels weird and hard ATF or pb blaster to loosen it either one?

I usually keep these plungers lubricated with anti-sieze.

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't forget to make sure the roller on the back of the brake pedal rolls freely. A little lube on the pedal pivot pin and roller pin is a good thing. A sticking roller can sometimes cause the plunger to hang up.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.