Are the lights carbide? Whats the diameter? Do you have the gas generator, valve and tank?

Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks.

The guy I bought it from had the build sheet says it was ordered with headlights and no generator but a battery. It was ordered by Texaco. He couldn't find the info though. I'll have to measure them. Mike

Nice truck. The headlights look to be adlake electric headlights. I have some just like it on another truck. 1922 was the year the bell shape or hood shape plates started to be used. The radiator is the early style, which I believe was not being used at that date. Are you sure it is a 1922?

I don't have the information from the Mack Museum. The previous owner had gotten it, but could not find it when I picked up the truck. I guess I will have to request it. I assume he confirmed the year with the information from the Museum, but I do not know. The truck could have been pieced together or had pieces replaced in the last 93 years, but the serial number on the frame matches the plate. I guess I need to search for adlake electric headlights. I will also measure them and post the size. Thanks, Mike

The hand is taken from ebay. The guy wanted $550 for the plaque. I should have bought the one for $120 earlier in the year, but I didn't know I would need one then.

Thanks.

The guy I bought it from had the build sheet says it was ordered with headlights and no generator but a battery. It was ordered by Texaco. He couldn't find the info though. I'll have to measure them. Mike

The plaques appear to be identical to all but one of my AC's.

As for the battery with no generator, one of my older AC's has a Model T Ford style cut out relay (early voltage regulator) between the magneto and the battery. The cut out is adjustable to cut down the Voltage. Might be what your AB had.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

or had pieces replaced in the last 93 years

Had to chuckle on that one.

Nice truck.......ya know.......for 93 yrs old. (I hope to look as good or run as well at that age)

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The year probably is correct at 1922. AB Macks had the small radiator until the 1923 model year, when they switched to the bigger radiators, different fenders and longer running boards as well as larger rolled steel bumpers. Everything on your truck you have is pre-23. the bumper is smaller and made of rolled channel iron, the short running boards, the angle iron fenders (90 degree from top of fender) instead of flared fenders (aprox 60 degree from top). There are a small number of 1923 models that have the bigger rolled steel bumpers, bigger radiators but still have the 90 degree angel iron fenders and short running boards.

I am currently restoring a 1917 model, and a 1929 model AB. I also have one of the transition fender ones (1923) and a 1924 model that are restored if you need pics of anything. I will get you a pic of the correct Mack plaque for the 1922 as well. The tall AC nose looking plaque isn't the correct one, btw two of those taller style ones just sold at an auction in New Hampshire this past weekend for $250 a piece. I ended up buying a lot of AB and AC parts including there including Adlake lights for them, as well as emblems for later model trucks 40's thru 60's.

• Like 1

I think a '22 would need the brass cab tags that just said " Mack ",I gave up looking and had my vinyl sign guy make me a set for my AC I've got the measurements and a good scan from the museum if you want to go that route .

Thanks, Mike. I can see filled holes on the inside that look right for the larger plaque like this one.

Mike is correct the pre 1923 models, they have the smaller plaques just saying Mack, Ill post a pic, tomorrow for you. 1923 was the year all the changes were made on the ABs. Nice truck saw it in the wheel of times for sale and called but it was gone already, glad to see you got it!

Mike is correct the pre 1923 models, they have the smaller plaques just saying Mack, Ill post a pic, tomorrow for you. 1923 was the year all the changes were made on the ABs. Nice truck saw it in the wheel of times for sale and called but it was gone already, glad to see you got it!

Not to jump the gun. Is this the plaque in the photo? Are the AB and AC rectangular plaques different? I am going to need a pair down the road. I could use a good tracing to have a company called Tom's Model Works photo-etch them from brass. Seems the AC's went to the "Hood Plaque" about 1919 same time they dropped the round radiator. Paul

click

post-3242-0-64961600-1432170127_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not to jump the gun. Is this the plaque in the photo? Are the AB and AC rectangular plaques different? I am going to need a pair down the road. I could use a good tracing to have a company called Tom's Model Works photo-etch them from brass. Seems the AC's went to the "Hood Plaque" about 1919 same time they dropped the round radiator. Paul

click

Paul I can get u a copy of both (tracing) the tall or the short one for you. Depending on the year of your truck determines which it is. Also can get you a copy of the plaques on the inside of the cab., the only differences on the larger plaques that i noticed is where the truck came from. Either they say New York or Alllentown on the bottom

• Like 1

The remains of the AC is 1918, built in New York for the New York Forestry Service. It is mostly complete but we disassembled to remove it from the woods on Niagara Island. Used the the Pratts from 1934 until 1962 when the magneto drive sheared. I have it in a container right now in Gorham Maine at a friends shop. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I think a '22 would need the brass cab tags that just said " Mack ",I gave up looking and had my vinyl sign guy make me a set for my AC I've got the measurements and a good scan from the museum if you want to go that route .

click

attachicon.gifMack-I.jpg

Here is the correct Mack Plaque for the 1922 AB

post-17854-0-50726900-1432398962_thumb.j

• Like 2