Butter box

ken 903

interesting kinda cool but kinda wierd.lol.bob

They were certainly that for sure but they did make a lot of people a lot of money in their day as Ken says a good honest worker they were used as interstate trucks and all hard to believe today but that was the way it was back then even in the early eightys a lot of interstate trucks didnt have sleepers on them just slept as best as you could and no one new any better

Good job on that one Ken :twothumbsup:

Paul

• Like 1

To me it looks like a I.H. Transtar 4300 cab made into a Cab Forward, much like they did in the states when they made the Conco COE.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vlad the yellow single axle could be an IH W-3042=L COE built in Emeryville,California non tilting cab. The one in center black and white photo is a IH W-4064-L COE. They were built in 1946 1947 according to the IH Truck Book by Fred W. Crimson. Joe D.

Vlad the yellow single axle could be an IH W-3042=L COE built in Emeryville,California non tilting cab. The one in center black and white photo is a IH W-4064-L COE. They were built in 1946 1947 according to the IH Truck Book by Fred W. Crimson. Joe D.

The yellow one is a W- 3034 according to my photo index.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

you blokes never had a butter box for your butter back in the day that sat in the pantry ????

Butter was never kept in the fridge once upon a time before we became all big girls blouses and everything had to be sanitised kept at the proper temp

Paul

No butter boxes, my grandmother keep butter in the cold water spring in the cellar or in the Milk box in the pantry. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Would have worked great as an inner city tractor around here.

Great looking "butter" face....

Good for "milk runs" too

P.T.CHESHIRE

They were certainly that for sure but they did make a lot of people a lot of money in their day as Ken says a good honest worker they were used as interstate trucks and all hard to believe today but that was the way it was back then even in the early eightys a lot of interstate trucks didnt have sleepers on them just slept as best as you could and no one new any better

Good job on that one Ken :twothumbsup:

Paul

ya,know what you mean....i started road driving in 76 we didnt have too many comforts,,,but ive never seen ona those,,,its very interesting,,like the color....bob

Sure! Top 3 are a Conco in Virginia. The bottom photos I was told are Internationals also, but I can't recall their model designations. Paul

conco.jpg

1conco1_zpsfded1f9c.jpg

conco2_zps8e179462.jpg

AR20080609_009602.jpg

3c1d94ee-2156-4ad8-9f83-daa7.jpg

ih3034.jpg

used alotta those out here in california,,,for doubles,,,before they changed the length law,,,and everyone went to conventionals...bob