R model throttle linkage

Can anyone tell me how the throttle linkage works on an R model? I'm building a scale model Valueliner but cant work out the route of the cable. Seeing as the fuelpump is on the right hand side and the throttle pedal is on the left and there's not a whole lot of space in front of the firewall, I'm guessing that the cable must snake from left to right under the cab and emerge on the right hand side of the engine block before connecting with the back of the fuel pump. Is this right?

The r model throttle control is all metal rod and ball joint linkage. No cable is used for foot throttle control. The only cables to the pump are for engine stop and a throttle lock for use when running a PTO. These cables simply snake thru the firewall and out to the pump following the simplest path.

From the pedal a short rod goes thru the floor to the outside firewall. It connects to another rod that runs along the bottom of the firewall to the passenger side of the cab. From there another rod is connected that runs to the linkage on the fuel pump. There is adjustable positions to control how much movement/ throw the linkage has. Each connection is basically 90 degree change in movement to get from the footpedal over to the fuel pump.

I must have somehow managed to post the topic twice! Thank you for the perfectly clear explanation. I've since pored over photos including the ones you sent me and can see what you described. It looks like all the Hayward R's had the rod attached to the bottom of the cab so that's what I'll do.

Also, can you tell me what the object marked in this picture is? I'm guessing it must be something to do with AC.

Thank you.

post-10557-0-22768800-1430135226_thumb.j