Mack plant in Europe

I remember reading an article in a german truck magazine (many years ago) about a Mack plant in Europe.

Does anyone know more about it?

Or am I totally wrong and it was a plant of a different manufacterer (IH sold many trucks over there as well)?

I tried to contact the museum in Allentown, but haven't gotten an answer, yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

kvtrucker

Welcome kvtrucker I have never heard of a Mack plant in Europe but saying that I would be very surprised if there wasnt as the Eroupean Macks look to be a lot different specced than the US ones

If there was a plant I would feel it would be in Holland or Germany

There's a lot more smarter people on here that could give you the answers Im sure

You might have to go back thru some old truck magazines of the day and do some research I would figure if Macks were sold in Europe there had to be dealers and if some of dealers are around they might be able to point you in the right direction

good luck with it all and I'll watch this space and learn

seeya

Paul

I believe MACK sent them over a KDA's and the French and Belgians did the final assemblies to Euro specs and even did a few with European style cabs. MACK did the same in the Mid East. There was a MACK factory in England with a gorilla instead of a Bulldog and had absolutely no ties with MACK AT ALL.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Do you no who assembled them in Europe and I wonder did they have a local European content ?

Paul

Mack joined with the French company Bernard and supplied engines for some of the Bernard truck, circa 1963/4 and start cabbing the MACK chassis with the Unic cabs (Bernards competitor) from 1965, culminating in the end of the Mack Bernard arrangement in 1966. Macks "exclusive importer", The Pamax Company of Paris was bringing in USA built R and F models around 1968 or so. Pelpel also did B model cabs. A company in called Motor Panels also did cabs for MACK and Foden. MAN also did cabs in Germany and there was a few smaller coach builders who did cabs. Paul

Mack%20B%20Pelpel_zps0cixaanl.jpg

b61_letouneur_cab_1_zpsp1qislaq.jpg

IMG_0007_zpshnl5idpf.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsrpas2trt.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That middle pictured B-61 is just plain FUGLY! :thumbsdown: Looks highly unsafe to boot! The top one with the "partial school bus body" is kind of interesting. Liked ours much better. Al

I was thinking the same thing, Al. Did they see that as an improvement? Lol

Jake

Thanks Paul I dont know were find all of this information

yep as what was said above the B61 only it's mother could love it to put that much effort in and thats the result reminds me a bit of the Ford Edsel they put a huge amount of effort in and the end result was well how should I put it "NOT PETTY"

The F 715 looks like a Scamell Crusader cab from the UK with a bit different grill

post-17290-0-01680800-1429990258.jpg

How we going kv are we getting closer to answering your question ??

Paul

If I remember correctly there was the assembly plant in Schotland that butlt RHD F-models.

Some one from GB posted this pic on here, he must know much better about it.

post-3971-0-67661400-1429995394_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

That factory did RHD Conversions and Euro lighting and things, not total assembly.

This conversion of the R model cabs with the F model cab back half is nice. Bet they would have sold here fairly well. I don't remember if they were from South America or Europe.

fcabbedrmodel3_zps72fa3316.jpg

fcabbedrmodel2_zps25151fdf.jpg

fcabbedrmodel1_zps0dcd947c.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ok fellas I asked the question on another forum does anybody no who made Macks or imported or assembled Macks in the Scotland and no one seems to no any thing about it how ever I'll just put up a link to the forum doodah over in pommy land and you can read it for your selves

http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1830&start=1940

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/FTF_Trucks

let us no what you all think I feel the Macks made in Essex would be the ones that had no relation ship to Mack or maybe ???

and the FTF Holland company I have never heard of before but that dosnt really mean much as there is whole big world out there I have never really heard much about

seeya

Paul

Ok fellas I asked the question on another forum does anybody no who made Macks or imported or assembled Macks in the Scotland and no one seems to no any thing about it how ever I'll just put up a link to the forum doodah over in pommy land and you can read it for your selves

http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1830&start=1940

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/FTF_Trucks

let us no what you all think I feel the Macks made in Essex would be the ones that had no relation ship to Mack or maybe ???

Paul

THESE?? :)

They were built by a man named MACK

britmack.jpg

britmackletter.jpg

britmackcoe.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's funny to learn about the bloke by he name of Mack.

It explaines alot. But the monkey... It might make some sence either.

English . . .

P.T.CHESHIRE