Got a chance to look at my puff limiter today. It was never working since I bought it. The air line from the park brake was blocked off. Unblocked it easy enough, but it seems like it always has air coming from it. From reading earlier post, I know this isn't supposed to work like this.

Anyone had this happen?

It still starts fine, and it has cleared up a lot of the black smoke. So I'm happy so far.

When the parking brake is set it allows full fuel with no boost seen.

With the parking brake released it sends regulated air pressure (15-20 psi if I recall) that limits the rack travel until boost overcomes and allows full rack travel.

do a throttle snap test with the brake set and released. you should notice more black when the brake is set.

Found a 1/4 inch air line running from the bottom of park brake lever. It is activated when the brakes are released. So I'm guessing this would be the air line I need to run reversing valve off. Only problem is its connected to this valve.

post-14557-0-61597800-1429603991_thumb.j

Does anyone know what this valve is for? I could just put a T piece in this line, but want to try keep it how mack originally done it.