Thermodyne/diesel Emblems...need Opinions!

We contracted a place to make these Theremodyne/Diesel Emblems from scratch using an original as a patteren and CNC waterjet machine to do the work! The mounting pins will be 100% on the money on these repros, but the waterjet can't seem to get the outside bevel just right. After several tries, they want to supply them as shown. They look damn good, but the letters are just a little square cut rather than thin and beveled. Take a look at the pics below and let me know what you think. Would you use these on your truck? (Did I mention that the pins line up perfect? )

Our Repros

100_1915.jpg

Close up

100_1916.jpg

Another Closeup

100_1917.jpg

Laying down

100_1918.jpg

Ours vs. original

100_1919.jpg

Another of ours vs original

100_1920.jpg

Current misaligned repros

100_1921.jpg

Current upclose

100_1922.jpg

Ours vs current

100_1923.jpg

All three

100_1924.jpg

Diesel side view

100_1925.jpg

Another shot of our repros

100_1926.jpg

Artsy sun glare shot! :D

100_1927.jpg

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Working on pricing...

If these are a go, number badges will be next! We should be able to make them in any combination!

bmodel_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Barry, What is the composition of the base, or parent metal of these reproduction emblems? Are they aluminum, zinc, steel, etc?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Barry, What is the composition of the base, or parent metal of these reproduction emblems? Are they aluminum, zinc, steel, etc?

Rob

I'll find out for sure, but I believe them to be steel. They are somewhat heavy in weight.

bmodel_logo.png

Pretty impressive looking. I'd use them, as like everyone else...NOS perfection my truck isn't.

My originals are pretty fair condition, though pitted from sitting outside for a long time. I'm sure they were replaced when the truck was painted way back when.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to agree with Superdog, I can’t believe that we cannot duplicate the originals. Maybe I am too particular but in the antique tractor world this would never fly. Personally, this would have to be a last resort. I just like certian things to look original.

I have to agree with Superdog, I can’t believe that we cannot duplicate the originals. Maybe I am too particular but in the antique tractor world this would never fly. Personally, this would have to be a last resort. I just like certian things to look original.

If you had to tell someone that they werent original how bad could it be? I saw the originals at the Mack Museum in Macungie Pa. If Iam not mistaken they were made of Walnut.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If your out to win awards in truck shows, then yeah... go restored original emblems $$$$

But I'd like my truck to look good and still be affordable and functional

thumbs up on the replica :thumb:

Can't please all the people all the time

But you can please most of them with these emblems

• Like 1

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

• 5 years later...
Hello,
mam interest emblem thermodyne+dissel
Please contact --jarda.ficenec@seznam.cz
thank you

You better go to Watt's online store page, find them there in the "Antique Mack parts" and make an order.

There's a lot of other B model stuff you might be enjoyed to see.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012