Driver's door vibrating like crazy on '96 RD

Ok, I've owned my RD for going on 5 years. When I got it, the driver's door vibrated pretty bad. I replaced latches, striker plates, door hinges, door seals, everything I could think of. The passenger side is as tight and vibration free as can be. Finally, the top half of the door split in two. I painted the truck last week and put a brand new Mack door on it. I even put Dynamat on the inside. Still vibrating. Of all the R and DM's I've owned or driven, I've always been able to adjust all the kinks out of the doors. I'm thinking about getting the driveshaft balanced or replacing the harmonic balancer, or both, but I can't figure out why it's just the driver's side? Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Jake

I have driven trucks with the same issue. And like you no matter what new parts you throw at it you just can't seam to make it stop.

It sounds like you replaced just about everything so you may need to keep adjusting things untill it tightens up.

Did you put the bolts in the hinge that you can only see when the door is fully open? I recall there being 3 bolts total where each hinge bolts to the door frame.?

Yeah, there's the two that are out in plain sight, then there's one way back in there that you need a socket and extension to get to. I've thought about taking everything apart and putting clear silicone everywhere that parts bolt together. I just hate to let it keep vibrating and ruin a brand new door.

Jake

I know back when we made R models and DMs at the plant in Macungie they use to use this archaic device to bend the door to close properly when it didn't line up right. It was a simple device it went over the top of the door and the bottom and there was a ram centered on the door with a big wheel. As you turned the wheel it pulled the top and bottom inwards. The doors wound up closing much better then. You might be able to do something similar with a ratchet strap and a block of wood. Just need a very strong one. Oh and best bet would to put something on the door to distribute the force against the inner door like a metal plate.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It really seems to vibrate all the time when the truck is moving, but especially whenever you hit a bump. I do know that the man that owned the truck before me rolled it over once. Insurance paid for a new hood, two doors, an air cleaner, and one fuel tank. Maybe the cab got tweaked a little? You can't tell by looking at it.

Jake

Cool, I'll give that a try, Trent. Never thought about it. I guess I'd also need to make sure the cab floor is level when I do it. I'd sure like to have one of those door bending tools. I guess it would have to go on the inside of the door to work? I bet the wheel would need to go all the way across to keep from just pushing a dent in the panel?

Jake

Have you tried changing the door seal? The driver's door get used 99% of the time and opening and closing it often puts more wear on the seal. It mat not look bad, but maybe enough not to put pressure on the door edge when closed.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

ON YOUR DOOR STRIKER THAT IS ON THE DOOR ITSELF. THE STUD THAT THE STRIKER IS FITTED TO THAT GETS JUST A LITTLE SLOP TO IT IT WILL VIBRATE YOU MAY HAVE TO PUT A TACK WELD ON IT I HAVE DONE THIS NUMEROUS TIMES EVEN IF IT IS NEW IF IT IS A BAD FIT IT WILL RATTLE IVE SEEN IT A BUNCH OF TIMES EVEN ON BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX