Mack 2015 Titan

It seems any make of heavy hauler starts out really high new and then drops. It probably is due to 1. if you need a truck like that you have the money to buy new. 2. you have the money because you are doing well and need the depreciation. 3. you have depreciated it out and will pay taxes on the sale price. 4. A lot of big strappers buy more truck than they can handle and it gets repo'd??

just my thoughts.

I was gonna say a year to year and a half old Titan selling for $122k used don't sound bad, with FET a Titan daycab tractor was probably only $140,000-$150,000. Now a Titan heavy spec log truck vets up round $200,000 but that pic is of a lower priced Titan. The biggest issues with trying to sell a used Titan are the size and weight and the fact that most are purpose built trucks. You have to have a need for a truck that big and heavy especially in a Specialized configuration like a log truck, milk truck etc. To buy it and there just aren't that many people there to buy them.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

This thread has got me wondering what is the weight penalty of going with the titan vs say the granite for a vocational truck. In this area there have always been plenty of RW and CL dump trucks along with the more common RD, CV, GU, but i have yet to see a Titan dump in real life.

900 lbs heavier and its mostly the engine. You can only get an mp10. Thats if you spec a granite and titan exactly the same. I believe the grille is heavier too

That is not nearly as much as much I thought it would be.

I'm surprised how the titan isn't more popular. I think it would be if the mp 8 was an option. We specced out granites and titans . the granites were less than 1k lbs lighter and about 9k less price . it was a no brainer to go titan.

For a company watching pennies vs. The small business that 1000# and $9000 per truck and the lack of a 13 liter engine option is the killer. It wouldn't be hard for Mack to sell more of them but they would need to make an effort to please their customers, something Volvo seems to know little about.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 4 weeks later...