RW ratio opinions

r686st

I have a '92 RW613 and am curious how you think it will do with 11-24.5's. It currently has 4.17's with 11-22.5's and a Mack 350, Eaton Fuller 9. What are the overdrive and crawl ratio's with these two setups as well as the top speeds in both cases?

.73 over with a 4.17 is a high ratio of 3.0441. On the low side with 12.57 it will have an effective ratio of 52.4169. That will stay the same with either tire size.

At 2000 rpm with 22.5 will be 82 mph.

24.5 86 mph.

I would leave it alone.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

4.17's will work fine with 11r24.5's, I run an Eaton 9 speed and 11R24.5's with 3.65 rears on my RW and pull a lowboy every now and then, it takes off ok with about 90k gross. I would like to swap to 3.87 or 4.17 but what I've got is working.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

4.17's will work fine with 11r24.5's, I run an Eaton 9 speed and 11R24.5's with 3.65 rears on my RW and pull a lowboy every now and then, it takes off ok with about 90k gross. I would like to swap to 3.87 or 4.17 but what I've got is working.

Your truck must have all kinds of top end!!

• Like 1

Your truck must have all kinds of top end!!

Well I passed a certain white peterbilt owner on this page and he was doing 80, GPS had 3 digits on it when I finally let off and looked up at it.
  • Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

My Edited Video:

• Like 2