Whatever happened to this B-model?

This is a good topic. I remember seeing pics of this B model,too,but don't know it's whereabouts either.

There's a few B models, and other Macks too as far as that goes,that have seemed to disappear that I'd like to know where they went. There are 2 that I think of quite often. One was a black B61 with a '48 in. Double Eagle sleeper.The guy that built it was from Toledo,Iowa. It had a 8V92 430 hp Detroit,13 speed and Freightliner air ride. From all outward appearances it looked like a regular old B61,but it had the big Detroit stuffed in it. He did louvre the hood and fender access panels for additional cooling. It was Tractor of the month in Overdrive sometime in the early '80's and made at least one appearance at Walcott in '84.

The other was an metallic olive green B61 with partially painted the rest polished Mercury sleeper,237 Maxidyne powered,15 speed Triplex,dual stacks,all aluminum 24.5 wheels,interior was button tucked and lots of chrome. It was either owned by someone in Sully,Iowa or pulled for Sully Transport,then sold to a cattle hauler from Edwardsville,IL,thats when I got to know it.The same guy also had a Magnum MH. It was a sharp truck,unfortunately I never got a single pic.Last time I saw it was around 1987 heading into Omaha.

i think we should start a new thread on this subject. Macks that have seemed to disappear. one I can think of is a B61 or B75. was red with a double eagle sleeper I think, red and black with dual stacks and said Outlaw Trucking on it. I remember it was at a show in Hagerstown years and years ago.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I like the new thread idea. All makes and model included. There are several trucks from my area that just disappeared.

Got to wonder if they get wrecked, redone, or just parked in a garage never to see the light of day again. I have seen a

couple show trucks get totaled in bad wrecks in the past couple years. There was a cool W900 A model by me that

disappeared a couple years ago and I ran across some pictures of it in Canada pulling a 3 axle Landoll type trailer for

a land clearing service. The guy had it all shined up. At least some go on to a new life. I know my Dads first three Macks

all got destroyed after they were sold, and I would need a whole new thread to tell the rough life his first Pete had after

he sold it.

I agree on a good idea for a new thread! My M.I.A. truck was a metallic brown B-Model integral sleeper,with a mural of itself painted on the back of the cab. I believe it was from somewhere on Long Island? last seen at the Overdrive Truck show, Englishtown,NJ in the late 70's early 80's. I wish I had gotten a picture of it,but this was in the days before digital cameras and my Kodak 126 was out of film! this was a SHARP truck! done just right,not too much chrome/BS,never saw it again after that show.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I agree on a good idea for a new thread! My M.I.A. truck was a metallic brown B-Model integral sleeper,with a mural of itself painted on the back of the cab. I believe it was from somewhere on Long Island? last seen at the Overdrive Truck show, Englishtown,NJ in the late 70's early 80's. I wish I had gotten a picture of it,but this was in the days before digital cameras and my Kodak 126 was out of film! this was a SHARP truck! done just right,not too much chrome/BS,never saw it again after that show.......................Mark

That was owned by a company in Smithtown. L.I. The owner collected B model with integral sleepers. Had some of them painted Dark Maroon Metallic and some Brown Metallic. He hauled Sand Trailers with them from Bromans to points east. They all disappeared from sight in the mid 80's. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In the late 70's or early 80's Wilson Freight out of South Charleston, Ohio (Dirty W) bought a bunch of Mack's with 903 Cummins, I remember them well from all the camshafts and water pumps I put on them, always wondered where they all went? Would love to see one for old times sake.

I found another picture of a different B-model from Louisville that I have never seen again, or the truck next to it for that matter.

I should have written down the names and places where these trucks were from, ahh who has the time.

I'm pretty sure those trucks both belong to Gib Gibson,owner of Gibson's Truck Parts from Cowpens,SC.It's been a few years since I saw him last at Walcott,I had heard he had health issues.

• Like 1

Mike

I believe the father Lee has passed away.. The son Tim is still a member of ATHS.. There is no activity around the shop when you go by.. The lawn is mowed but the brush in the back lot had grown up to hide all the trucks from the road..

Brocky

I cut an ad from a old magazine a few years ago that said ( 1957 Mack B61, fresh from the west coast, highly modified w/445 hp 8V92 Detroit,13 spd, airride susp., custom sleeper & int., polished Alcoas with brand new Goodyear rubber. $30,000.00. 502 460-5557 days, 502 348-4991 nite.) it was a dark blue or black. it was for sale around Frankfort, KY. anyone know of one like that on the west coast or around KY.

I cut an ad from a old magazine a few years ago that said ( 1957 Mack B61, fresh from the west coast, highly modified w/445 hp 8V92 Detroit,13 spd, airride susp., custom sleeper & int., polished Alcoas with brand new Goodyear rubber. $30,000.00. 502 460-5557 days, 502 348-4991 nite.) it was a dark blue or black. it was for sale around Frankfort, KY. anyone know of one like that on the west coast or around KY.

If it was black,that sounds just like the one from Toledo,IA I mentioned. It was a '57.

There was a Yellow B model at the Winchester Show a few years ago looked pretty close the the B at the beginning of the thread. Repaint?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The Outlaw Mack was sold to a car dealer somewhere along the outer banks of the Carolinas to utilize as an attention getter. I believe it may have been sold again.

The B-model that resembles the first one in this post belongs to Joe Plaska. Joe built his truck, so it is not the one pictured.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Does anyone remember this yellow B75, this picture was taken at the Waupan Wisconsin 1991 showattachicon.gifYellow B model at Waupan Wisconsin 1991.jpg

That was a '65 B773 that belonged to Roger Hanefeld. It was repowered with a 400 Cummins,13 speed Fuller and newer Mack rears on Camelback. He used the truck for several years,then put it up for sale. I tried to buy it,but it ended up in Canada. I saw some pics later of it in a body shop being redone,again,lost track of it since.Other than the Pete sleeper that didn't do much for me,it was a very nice truck.

The Outlaw Mack was sold to a car dealer somewhere along the outer banks of the Carolinas to utilize as an attention getter. I believe it may have been sold again.

The B-model that resembles the first one in this post belongs to Joe Plaska. Joe built his truck, so it is not the one pictured.

I have a bunch of pics of Mr. Plaska's B but darned if I can find them. Beautiful truck.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Does anyone remember this yellow B75, this picture was taken at the Waupan Wisconsin 1991 showattachicon.gifYellow B model at Waupan Wisconsin 1991.jpg

That must have been the first time they refurbished that truck. I have a picture of it from Walcott, late 90's early 2000's.

In my picture it has alum budds on the rear and a 48" Pete bunk instead of a 36". I think I like it with the 36" a little

more, seems to fit the look of the truck a little better in my opinion. Was a sharp looking truck though.

post-13943-0-60567000-1424190728_thumb.j

• Like 1