So I used to own a nice 10/w dump but-

MACKS

Now thanks to the nys dot I had to add a 20,000 lb steerable drop axle to compelment the 58,000 rears and the 20,000 front axle, the good news is now I can gross 79,000 lbs,the bad news is it cost me a whole bunch of money that sure could have used on something else.I had to give up the passenger fuel tank for a hyd tank and switch my rear mounted pto which i loved to a pain in the ass side mount pto pump combo that was quite picey,still have to get the right rims and tires,more money!post-598-0-69435600-1422632503_thumb.jpgpost-598-0-69435600-1422632503_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-94915000-1422632562_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-79314000-1422632597_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-85202200-1422632653_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-55401200-1422632697_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't NYDOT tell us it would be a minimal cash out lay to meet their new regs. . .

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cha ching. Looks good though.

Loosing that pass. tank, likely cut your fill up distance in half! One 40 gal tank won't get you far.

Its a 70 gallon tank,still have to fuel up every day but thats the way I been doing it,to much troube moveing the truck to the other side of the pump.

In okla we have to have ten feet between the steer axle and the first drop axle to be legal.How much can you gross with that now?

Once I renew my permit in a couple months I can gross 79000 but I wont be loading it that heavy.

Of course they did,lol but there not getting there hands on my grandfathered overweight permit and I know they want them!

NYDOT is now working on legislation for ALL farm vehicles AND towed farm equipment to have NYDOT numbers. A few of the questions asked at the public meeting in Hauppogue was does that mean you will need to have a CDL to operate it? Will they need NYS registration and HUT? The mouth piece said "we are studying those items". It's all $$$$$

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NYDOT is now working on legislation for ALL farm vehicles AND towed farm equipment to have NYDOT numbers. A few of the questions asked at the public meeting in Hauppogue was does that mean you will need to have a CDL to operate it? Will they need NYS registration and HUT? The mouth piece said "we are studying those items". It's all $$$$$

I have heard some rumblings about needing a CDL to operate farm equipment on the road in other states also. I don't know if any legislation

has been passed yet but I know the farmers were screaming about it because many have kids or hired help under age 18 that would not be

allowed to move the equipment. I heard they might have an exemption for family but not hired help. It's all ridiculous. For the trucking industry

that was supposedly "deregulated" back in the day the Feds, states, county's, and towns have sure found a way to re-regulate every thing

that is done out here under the name of safety. I call B.S. I agree, all about the $$$$$$$$ and how much they can squeeze from us.

• Like 1

Looks Good 79,000 Is what we can gross on a tri axle here in TN Too .

Funny thing is here around Memphis being a tri state area . You can legally carry 24.5 tons of material w/ a tri axle In TN . BUT Across the state line in MS OR AR its only like 15 tons of material. w/ a Tandem or Tri axle either one . But back in the day We worked around the TN/MS Stateline around Olive Branch & Southaven,MS w/ a Tandem & i wouldnt be surprised if myself,the old man & crew wasnt grossing 79,000 w/ a tandem the way we loaded the trucks . We rarly crossed the river into AR W/ Our Trucks .

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

nd is bridge law up to a maximum of 105,500

so a tandem dump with a 20k front would roughly be 54k maximum tri axle dump with a 20k front would be roughly 62k max

these numbers of course would be subject to actual measurements as well

on 7 axles tractor trailer with a 12k front i can do 96k can legally haul 29.3 tons

I stopped by were I used to work and took a few pics of some of the fleet the solo trucks we call super 18's able to haul 18 yards of 5/8 crushed the truck and pup can gross 105,500 I forgot to check tonnage for solo 5 axle work but should be able to haul 15 yards legal......cant tell its paccar country can ya!

post-15818-0-40306900-1423109457_thumb.j

post-15818-0-18947700-1423109495_thumb.j

post-15818-0-06644000-1423109545_thumb.j

post-15818-0-38599000-1423109639_thumb.j

Wow those bodys must be 30 yd water level and they can only carry 18,thats nuts but its almost the same around here with certian permits like with a state wide permit that most trucks have,they can only carry 18 tons on a triaxle with an 18 ft body,crazy

• Like 1

Looks Good 79,000 Is what we can gross on a tri axle here in TN Too .

Funny thing is here around Memphis being a tri state area . You can legally carry 24.5 tons of material w/ a tri axle In TN . BUT Across the state line in MS OR AR its only like 15 tons of material. w/ a Tandem or Tri axle either one . But back in the day We worked around the TN/MS Stateline around Olive Branch & Southaven,MS w/ a Tandem & i wouldnt be surprised if myself,the old man & crew wasnt grossing 79,000 w/ a tandem the way we loaded the trucks . We rarly crossed the river into AR W/ Our Trucks .

Um, TN is 74000 on a triaxle, not 79000, and if your on the interstate they are starting to watch bridge law which puts most triaxles around 53000#. Of course this is around middle TN but the state shows 66000# on a tandem, 74000# on a triaxle and 80,000# on a quad or 5 axle truck and trailer.
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hey MACKS, where did you find a steer tag that has the tie rod and stabilizers on the front, thought they were always on the back of the axle.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ok, I've been looking at Hendrickson composilite lift axles, I like the way their tie rod and mounts are set up. I've never seen one with the steering stabilizers on the front, always on the back just looked odd. Good luck with the truck, I always wondered why you northeast guys had such short trucks anyway, seems you would fill the bed before you made gross and hauling by the ton would suck.

Um, TN is 74000 on a triaxle, not 79000, and if your on the interstate they are starting to watch bridge law which puts most triaxles around 53000#. Of course this is around middle TN but the state shows 66000# on a tandem, 74000# on a triaxle and 80,000# on a quad or 5 axle truck and trailer.

Thanks for the correction bud . :twothumbsup: guess i had a brain fart .. :loldude:

I Know some that will carry 79,000 W/ the tri axles here around the backwoods . & i herd by a buddy that has a tri axle Vulva of his own that is leased on w/ 1 of the big paving companies in Memphis they were starting to watch the bridge laws Here . & we are starting to see a few quads here around Memphis . 1 of the big paving companies has Quad axle Sterlings here .

& When we had our tandems we worked in the backwoods of the Millington, & Tipton county area & my old man would load like a tri axle & heap dirt up as long as he was in the backwoods But if we were on the interstate or running the highways he would load the trucks no more than 19 to 20 tons of material make sure he was under 66k & have the load under the side boards & tarp pulled back .

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Last time out west I think those 5 axles can do 94 and Change.

Mack I think Ar changed there weights to 70K on a tridem. But the tires and axles must match or be rated. Was talking to Jacob about that and he said it is raised now