1929 Mack AC Bulldog engine

It's always nice to look over tough components of an old school machine building.

Haven't you had more pics of the ass area drive tandem setup?

Not much is shared around the net on this matter.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The 90 degree drive on the front drives of the crank driven oil pump and drves through a worm gear the Magneto and the Water Pump. Simple and compact witrh only two major parts to get wear. The rubber hose the they replaced the copper tube with is a constant flow of oil to the cylinder head oil heater tank. (see last photo)

The engine in the top photos has the early gas primer cups on the heads, two of mine have that both pre 1930.

acengineprimercup_zps767581e3.jpg

acreduction.jpg

AC 6 ENGINE

acdirect.jpg

AC 6 Engine

mack-ac-4-4_zps3f53636b.jpg

Look at the oil diagram, it has an "oil tank" cast on the front cylinder head to heat the oil when it is cold out. Oil system is a Full Pressure with pump driven of the nose of the crankshaft ...just like modern Chevy V-8s.

mackacaboilsyst_zpsa2204002.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

See it has a Disc Brake adapted between rears in the 2nd and 3rd pics. Interesting idea. Can't see if it's a mechanical parking brake or an hydraulic disc "road" brake.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Does anybody have any idea what color a factory AC engine is? I have an upcoming model project,and have never seen anything but black&white photos of new AC engines. Best I can tell seeing a restored AC is that they were either gray or a darker smoke gray? These are some great detail pictures however!......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Parts of mine under a few of the gaskets were Dark Grey/ Black

Also have seen them dark green, light green and Chassis color. But all my info and disassembly shows the Dark Grey/ Black. Good color match is a Floquill Grimmy Black Rail Road Color. I posted a color chip last pic.

First 2 photos are AARON's Logging Close to the OEM color. Last photo is a 1923 MACK display engine, Supposedly pretty original.

MackAC5_zpstztgckci.jpg

MackAC4_zpsolqc5sr7.jpg

192320MACK20Dealer20display20ac4_zps53ex

post-3242-0-64064400-1422416446.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

See it has a Disc Brake adapted between rears in the 2nd and 3rd pics. Interesting idea. Can't see if it's a mechanical parking brake or an hydraulic disc "road" brake.

I believe it is parking brake but not 100% sure.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I believe it is parking brake but not 100% sure.

Never saw that on any AC AK Chassis, saw them on some military trucks, HMMV's and mid 50's 60's Mopar trucks and on some 4x4 transfer cases. Like to know how it was done.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Never saw that on any AC AK Chassis, saw them on some military trucks, HMMV's and mid 50's 60's Mopar trucks and on some 4x4 transfer cases. Like to know how it was done.

I will look more closely next time I see the truck and try for some better pictures of the brake setup.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

gallery_3420_646_525300.gif

Cya

§wishy

Nice shot of the Christe dual kit and chain guards. ! Both pretty rare.

P.T.CHESHIRE

41 Chevy, the picture of an AC engine and radiator on a channel frame engine stand, is that an early 3 speed radiator tank top with modified radiators? I was thinking of doing something similar for one of my 3 speeders that need radiator coils (the round type). Where was this picture taken?

41 Chevy, the picture of an AC engine and radiator on a channel frame engine stand, is that an early 3 speed radiator tank top with modified radiators? I was thinking of doing something similar for one of my 3 speeders that need radiator coils (the round type). Where was this picture taken?

Yes it is. The radiator were modified to use early brass tank. The display set up was built as I was told in the teens for military training and Resto moded in the 2000's. The photo is from Mahans in Jersey. I.m going down in March to photograph and measure the AC/Christe track conversion so I'll take more detailed photos of the demo engine

P.T.CHESHIRE