More Photos of the Mack Project

Parts of the roof where sealed with Seam sealer others with lead. after awhile the seam sealer would dry and crack. this one is brazed 100% the center supports under the cab were weak and over time the center floor would dip down 1-1.5" we made the supports bigger and stronger while reducing weight. those are just two.

The roof on my RS700L was rotting around the rain rails. I removed the roof skin by drilling out the 200 spot welds. I was surprised when they told me to glue the new roof skin back on. Cross my fingers it sealed up tight and no rust yet.

• Like 2

What a fantastic restoration. I'm amazed at the talent of you guys who can rebuild a truck as (or better than) new from the ground up.

Personally I'd be scared of tackling anything larger than a bicycle!

I wonder if you could post a picture of the underside of the cab if you get a moment? One of my long term model projects is an F model and I like to get stuck into all the detail.

If there ever was an opportunity for a reality TV show this F build would be it. I've seen enough custom choppers built on TV to build one with my eyes closed. I still enjoy seeing them build custom choppers -don't get me wrong, but they have yet to go film any fabricators that are taking on these kinds of projects and this would've been a great one to start with. The whole entire process of rebuilding this truck would've made an entire season of TV.

I've never seen any desperate housewives shows, but I can't imagine that this isn't more interesting than that.

Great work. Keep the updates coming and I can't wait to see it when it's finished -hopefully hooked up to a tank trailer first.

• Like 2

Chip wouldn't take a job unless he could find a way to lower it and make it look like it belongs south of the border.

Unlike Boyd when he was alive, Chip puts windshield wipers on his builds .:) I did like his rodstoration of his fathers F-100.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NO NO NO.............Chip Foose cant figure out what the hell to do with SPOOK WHEELS :omgcarrot:

I'd take Chip's spokes over Boyd's hideous solid aluminum wheels any day of the week. Besides, Boyd had the personality equivalent to a stump. He really was a d-bag

yup, Boyd was the typical asshole boss to work for to by the looks of it. promoting that one dirtbag as a manager, being oblivious to some of his employees talents and having the ''let them quit, ill just replace them with someone else'' boss mentality. Chip is a pretty badass bodyman I think. I don't agree but his tire/wheel choices but everyone has different opinions. the one fact I hate is when these people out in sunny California or Texas bitch about rust on a 50 year old vehicle when its surface rust. come to Ny and ill introduce you to some rust. Regardless I don't wanna hijack this thread but Any of those Tv shows would overdramatize a truck build like this and would show more bullshitting around than actual restoration work. about the only car show I can watch lately is Graveyard Carz and they are even ruining that one a little bit. seems once they get out of their ''tiny little garage'' that they actually had to bust their ass to get and they get a huge building that Tv helped them pay for, it automatically ruins the show.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg