Mack going together

• 2 weeks later...

Did you do the fiberglass repair or send it out? I am needing to fix a crack and don't know anything about it. A neighbor said it would only be a $100 or so to fix a body shop, have not checked yet.

I fiber glassed the hood myself its easy, make sure your back side is clean I use a die grinder with a carbide burr to rough it up. Get some resin, hardener and fiberglass matting. I would put about 2-3 layers over the crack on the back side first making sure you are 3-4 inches over the crack. On the top side feather it out (make sure you are in to the new fiberglass) so u can stack the matting in layers until you are just over flush with the good part of the hood. Sand the fiberglass may have to add a bit of Bondo, sand then paint.

Check out the "Fire Apparatus" section to see a couple of R models that have had dual square head lights added as an after market modification during a rehab. It is under the "Looking for 1973 Mack R Fire Truck" thread.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Looking good. I'm kinda a round headlight kinda person myself, but nothing against the work you're doing.

Now that I see the 2 trucks together I also like the round lights but... that the ones I’m putting in are a bit different we will see