Looking at buying my first mack.(I bought it!)

Awesome, get a video of it running up on YouTube when you can, oh and More Pics! Lol congrats

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

yeah baby yeah you got it and you have got it home well done as has been said above lots of photos and a some youtube stuff when your ready mate I wouldnt worry about that quad box there pretty tough they were used out here behind V8 Macks on road train work groos weight 100 tons plus and went ok they arent as tough as Maxi torque but are plenty strong enough if you look after them

Paul

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Congratulations! I'm delighted for you! Can't wait to see the pics and videos. I was told when was truck shopping that the 237/5 speed makes a bulletproof combo. Maybe that would be an easy transition if you need to replace the quad box. I hope for your sake, though, that you get to drive the quad long enough to enjoy it.

Congratulations! :clap:

You did the right thing and you have a whole new world of mechanical and historical fun in front of you. As to the quad box: it was installed for a reason, seems to function and this is your first Mack. A good friend told me I should wait about six months before making any major changes to my first Mack. See it daily, drive it a little, get used to it. One of the smartest pieces of advice I've been given. At the end of those six months, the ten new tires and front wheel bearings I installed made a lot more sense than the chrome visor, chrome air tank and 2-speed rear winch I dreamed about. Best of all I was completely safe and relaxed. I can't say the same for those passing and giving me the finger on the narrow roads we have around here. ^_^

• Like 1

Very nice find. I've always thought a 237 with a quad would be a lot of fun. You split only when you feel like it. Not to mention that from a historical standpoint, the 237 was a trend setter and probably Mack's finest effort. As far as the quadbox is concerned, that setup must have been used for a while in its former heavy-tractor duty. You'll be fine with it.

This pic shows all of the hood emblems that came with the truck. Over the past couple of days I have been contacted by a couple fellow mack enthusiasts. Between the two of them, I have gotten two short hood strips and two diesel emblems. This tight knit group of Mack truck guys is wonderful.

All I need now is the left side bulldog, one short strip, one long strip, a B61 emblem and both thermodyne emblems.

post-3852-0-52873800-1420674663_thumb.jp