Moving to South Jersey...maybe

acprimus631C

I'm central CT born and raised and love it here, however, my girlfriend and I are considering a move to south Jersey near where her family is, just outside Philly. I've always wanted to work on a big excavating or road project. Who are the good companies in NJ/eastern PA to look into down there? I know there are some guys on here who live in that area.

James J Anderson is the company I work for. We have 3 sections of the 95 project. We'll be busy. Gotta be teamsters 107 to work there.

ABC and D'Angelo are busy. James D Morrissey always has work but I've heard he's a dick to work for.

If you wanna drive a barrel truck, SJA concrete is growing at a crazy rate. (Anderson's wife).

All in philly right over the bridges.

Rumor is the new PA governor wants to raise taxes on the gas/oil industry. If so, then they will be moving out of the state and the gas/oil industry will be DOA.

How can he RAISE the taxes when there aren't any on fracking or extraction to begin with?? LOL.......And it it eases off of that RINO Corbett's .32 per gallon gas tax, and puts some money into the education coffers- tax them I say. The oil industry can afford it, it's not going to break their backs. And they're not going anywhere- the oil reserves in Pa are estimated to be in the hundreds of millions of barrels.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Over in Philly, but especially in the 5 counties immediately surrounding Philly you have the Haines and Kibblehouse conglomerate of companies. John Haines IV is also a big antique truck enthusiast, and hosts an annual show at his house that several of us on here take our rigs to every year.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS