About to paint...help with color!

Hey guys...about to send my 1961 B61 to paint and need some help. One thing I'm sure of, I want the cab and fenders different colors. The whole time I've been leaning toward this, but I'd love other opinions. The one thing I don't like about doing this...it's already been done, and I don't want to copy this guys excellent work (although I guess it is the ultimate form of flattery lol). Anyway, would love to hear thoughts and see other options. Not sure if there is a better B61 gallery than a google image search or not, but would love to be directed to it if so.

Currently:

post-19263-0-76416100-1418322077_thumb.j

Possibly:

post-19263-0-27239000-1418322162_thumb.j

• Like 1

If you could find Macungie Show truck photos, Gerhart's Show photos or have access to ATHS Showtime Album that would be about the best selection of B-Model's to look at paint schemes from. The B-61 with green cab and black fenders looks like the same one that was at the ATHS Show Auction in Alabama a few years back.

Winchester, Virginia show a few years ago.

bdump_010.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If you are going to pull a period correct loboy/dropdeck with a farm tractor on it, how about a J I Case farm dealer look with their butter cream yellow cab and Flambeau Red fenders and tanks??

Period correct gets my vote. Something you would have seen back in the day.

These are my favorites about colors.

The last one looks like from the different neck of the woods though.

The one you showed out seems to me beautiful. Although I'd go from black to dark olive fenders.

Not almost Mack style but just my preference.

post-3971-0-89116100-1418481729_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-80488100-1418481752_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-35556100-1418481886_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I always liked a silver w/black fendered B that sat in an old ARCO station garage when I was a teen. That looked cool to me. Got a pic of that truck, somewhere. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA