New project 1986 RS 688 LST

PeterMack I remember seeing those Deans Foods R model Macks running around. I used to see some R models with big aerodyne bunks on them, they were nice looking trucks.

I had an old ad from Northern IL Mack back from 89 and they had a couple of those trucks for sale in it. I cropped the ad.

It's not the best old picture but it will work. My Dad used to be leased to DFC back in the day. They were based out of Huntley IL.

He used to run over to IN, OH, and Mich quite a bit.

post-13943-0-48059300-1418340868.jpg

Back in the old days I used to see those deans trucks a lot I worked for a place in palatine called wente trucking hauled 40 foot flatbeds from klehms production farm in Woodstock six loads a day to the sales yard in Arlington heights went right down 47 through Huntley always saw deans macks running that way.

PeterMack I remember seeing those Deans Foods R model Macks running around. I used to see some R models with big aerodyne bunks on them, they were nice looking trucks.

I have the remains of one of those 82' Wehane R models. It is one the most used up R models I've ever seen. It has a 60 high rise double eagle sleeper on it. 300hp 2 valve with a 5 sp on taperleaf with 3.65 rears.

I remember some of those old Werhane trucks sitting at N.I. Mack. Bill Steffenhagen told me they had about a million miles on 'em (without an O.H.),and most guys were too leery to buy them at the time. They did sell them, but it took awhile! Ron(b61),yes they did have at least one Super-Liner. This one is for sale on the TruckPaper site. If it's not a Werhane truck,it's damn close! They mostly had weedburner exhausts on their trucks.This Superdog,had a cobbled together stack on it,which makes me think it was for sure one of theirs.

post-510-0-05918600-1418774433_thumb.jpg

post-510-0-21210500-1418774465_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I'd be proud to own it.

I'm as proud of it, as I'm of all our Macks. Some of the people I work with on the other hand, think I need to get my head checked after I drug it home. I for one, can see its good traits. Newer frame rails, perfect hood, solid trunnion, stainless breather. Damn, I'm falling in love with it all over again.

• Like 1

I'm as proud of it, as I'm of all our Macks. Some of the people I work with on the other hand, think I need to get my head checked after I drug it home. I for one, can see its good traits. Newer frame rails, perfect hood, solid trunnion, stainless breather. Damn, I'm falling in love with it all over again.

That's better.I can remember as a kid running to Joliet on Sundays not only meeting them on the road,but going by one of their terminals along 80,can't for the life of me remember where exactly. I do know that was where I saw my first 60 mid rise CH, it had all spoke wheels.