Brockway K360TL

steth121660

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brockway specific items such as sheetmetal, trim or details can sometimes be a big pain.

Engine parts for DD, Cummins or CAT are all pretty available. Prices may suck, but available. Same with transmission and suspension.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Oh wow thanks....where they good trucks

You gotta drive one in a snow storm, an then u will know y the state and counties used them for plowing! I drove my 361 tandem dump M/T in a snow storm last year and that truck tracked and held the road like a summer day! A well balanced truck, not like the Autocars that were nose heavy when u went into a turn and the truck kept going straight

Bullhusk

• Like 1

You gotta drive one in a snow storm, an then u will know y the state and counties used them for plowing! I drove my 361 tandem dump M/T in a snow storm last year and that truck tracked and held the road like a summer day! A well balanced truck, not like the Autocars that were nose heavy when u went into a turn and the truck kept going straight

Bullhusk

I was about to ask if brockway and autocar were the same manufacturer....I wish I had the chance to drive one of these things

tippatone

No they were not, Autocar was started in the 1910's and were made in Ardmore PA and were bought out by White in 1953 and the name/badge now belongs to Volvo.

Brockway started as a wagon maker in Cortland NY in 1865, First prototype truck in 1910 and formally made a seperate corporation in 1912, Bought out by Mack in 1956, closed due to labor dispute in 1977. Have a museum in Cortland open all year and have a big gathering, parade, and show the second weekend of August with anywhere from 120 to 160 Brockways attending.

• Like 1

Brocky

tippatone

No they were not, Autocar was started in the 1910's and were made in Ardmore PA and were bought out by White in 1953 and the name/badge now belongs to Volvo.

Brockway started as a wagon maker in Cortland NY in 1865, First prototype truck in 1910 and formally made a seperate corporation in 1912, Bought out by Mack in 1956, closed due to labor dispute in 1977. Have a museum in Cortland open all year and have a big gathering, parade, and show the second weekend of August with anywhere from 120 to 160 Brockways attending.

Sorry to hear that...it sucks to have such a great truck phased out due to contract differences....you know alot about the old Brock....you own any? How far is Cortland from NYC....I would like to go to the museum and parade this year

I have the one in my avitar, have not done anything about restoring it. Was born and raised on them.

Cortland is halfway between Binghamton and Syracuse on I-81, probably 5-6 hours from the GW Bridge.. let you figure how long it take you to get there. 2 choices: I-80 to Pocono to I-380 to Scranton and up I-81 or take I-87 to Harriman and up NY 17 to Bingo and I-81.

Their website is brockwaytrucks.org

• Like 1

Brocky

I have the one in my avitar, have not done anything about restoring it. Was born and raised on them.

Cortland is halfway between Binghamton and Syracuse on I-81, probably 5-6 hours from the GW Bridge.. let you figure how long it take you to get there. 2 choices: I-80 to Pocono to I-380 to Scranton and up I-81 or take I-87 to Harriman and up NY 17 to Bingo and I-81.

Their website is brockwaytrucks.org

Thanks!!!