Freightliner Trucks to sponsor V8 Supercar team

kscarbel2

Prime Mover / November 28, 2014

Freightliner Trucks has announced a three-year partnership with V8 Supercar team, Brad Jones Racing, as of the 2015 season.

At a special function held at Daimler Truck’s Melbourne headquarters the Freightliner Trucks/Brad Jones Racing Commodore entry was revealed for the first time and in doing so ended weeks of speculation as to which Daimler Truck & Bus brand would adorn the bodywork of car number 14.

“There are strong parallels between the V8 Supercar audience and Freightliner Trucks,” said Daniel Whitehead, the Managing Director of Daimler Truck & Bus in Australia. “Freightliner Trucks are as traditional as the much loved Aussie V8 sedan; big and powerful that cover huge distances with ease,” he said.

“To be aligned with a team as professional as Brad Jones Racing, which has also surpassed a 25 year milestone in motor racing, couldn’t come at a better time for our brand.”

Rodney West, Senior Manager, Freightliner Trucks said the involvement with Brad Jones Racing will greatly reinforce Freightliner Trucks presence in Australia.

“To have the opportunity to raise awareness of the Freightliner brand in the market place is crucial in this highly competitive world,” he said.

The Freightliner Trucks/Brad Jones racing will make its public debut at the V8 Super Test in Sydney on February 7th/8th and its competition debut at the 2015 Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, February 26-March 1st.

The Commodore entry will be driven by renowned and highly respected driver Fabian Coulthard who joined Brad Jones Racing in 2012.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/freightliner-backs-coulthard

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/randd-boost-for-bjr

post-16320-0-19923400-1417145021_thumb.j

post-16320-0-64531600-1417145035_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

It's been good but I think it's going down hill! You guys in the USA would probably have no idea what the V8's is all about I'm guesing! :D

Not true. I watch every V8 Supercar race I possibly can. Wish they'd come back to Austin.

I've been racing for about 15 years on and off, and running at Bathurst is on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"