Lost cruise and engine brake

Bigjohn4300

I recently purchased a 2004 Granite cab and chassis with 80xxx miles on it. When driving the truck home from Indiana to Louisiana, both the engine brake and cruise control stopped working. All the fuses look ok, and we have tried swapping breakers, to no avail. Has anyone had this issue before?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget the air pressure switch on the brake manifold, when you release the park brake you activate an air switch that turns those both on.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Cruise switch should work as an electronic hand throttle with the parking brakes set....just saying...but they will not set with the clutch "In" (switch open) or foot on the brakes (brake lights on)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

if it was the break switch jake should still work but not the cruse id be looking at the clutch pedal switch first try lifting up on the pedal with the top of you're foot if then check the switch adjustment and if all that fails check the switch itself with a multimeater.

• Like 2

if it was the break switch jake should still work but not the cruse id be looking at the clutch pedal switch first try lifting up on the pedal with the top of you're foot if then check the switch adjustment and if all that fails check the switch itself with a multimeater.

Good call....didnt think that through, *thumbs up*

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, tried with cruise switch off, appears to have no power to the switches, will start tracing wires to the switches when I get a second, found a breaker that is unlabeled, but is hot as a firecracker, that may be the feed to those two controls and has shorted out, maybe

• 2 weeks later...

Ok getting somewhere, found a circuit tied into the cruise circuit, I think a remote throttle setup for the trucks previous duty, removed it and now we have power to both systems, cruise works correctly, but still no engine brake, switch is lit when it is on, but no brake, I can also now pull up a code 3-5 via cruise/lightening bolt, any ideas?