Found an R model at the scrappers today

A friend came over this morning he told me there was an R model being cut up in a parking lot at a local scrap yard so I took a drive over there and got some pretty good deals on parts I needed. My right side vent window has virtually no rubber gasket left on it the scrap truck had a right side vent window with a new rubber gasket ten dollars for the complete window and gasket got all the fuel tank hangers for ten dollars each which need to be replaced on my truck too. Truck was pretty bombed out slim pickens otherwise but it had all the drive line intact except for the engine and trans looks like it could have been an automatic the tower was still in the cab.

It hurts to see mack at the wreckers....there was most of a dm at the scrap yard we deal with awhile back.....cab was pretty solid, lots of good usable parts.....sad really. Last time I was in there, he had just got three v-12 locomotive gen sets in....i wasted a good 20mins just looking them over.....i want a scrap yard.....

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack......:)

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....