I run Lucas in every vehicle I own.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

But I had forgot how nasty lucas is when you tear a engine down.You just cant get if off your hands with out washing them.I pulled my engine apart a few months ago and had forgot about it.I run 1/2 gal to 7 gal of oil and it makes jakes work some better.But it ant going to do a overhaul if that is what your trying to dodge.

• Like 1

glenn akers

But I had forgot how nasty lucas is when you tear a engine down.You just cant get if off your hands with out washing them.I pulled my engine apart a few months ago and had forgot about it.I run 1/2 gal to 7 gal of oil and it makes jakes work some better.But it ant going to do a overhaul if that is what your trying to dodge.

Not trying to dodge an overhaul, just looking to clear up some blue smoke in the morning and cut some of the blow-by. It's a boom truck and I don't like getting the fumes while I'm running the boom.

How about cold starts? Truck never gets plugged in but I haven't had any trouble so far. Don't wanna damage anything. We run 15w40 year round.

• Like 1

How about cold starts? Truck never gets plugged in but I haven't had any trouble so far. Don't wanna damage anything. We run 15w40 year round.

Because of the thicker oil when using an additive, the engine will crank slower and take longer to build oil pressure. So make sure you have good batteries and let it idle until the engine is warm. Don't rev the engine while it is cold.

Blue smoke can be the result of sticking rings, broken rings, scored cylinder walls, and/or worn valve guides.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

It is, but you still get a whiff of it every now and again. There's more smoke from the blow-by hose than there is the muffler lol

That much blow by, all the additives in the world won't help. They may actually add to your problems.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE