Found a new pup a 1978 Superliner

Looks Good!

Uh oh. The garage is starting to look a little small for the fleet.

Next project is more insulation than expansion of the shop-ma-haul right now I can get everything inside but the F but I a jd 3020 to restore this year so the KW is setting out but I have it listed for sale

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

The air ride cab is an add on but seems to work good, drove it into town for fuel, not used to driving like I stole it but that's the only way the tranny and engine wants to shift, way different than the KW with the 13 speed. The KW shifts like the 1980 R with the 6 speed rev it up and shift when it drops low on RPM.

Robert

Anyone know where the engine stamp sn# on a cummins is located when the data plate is missing? Was on ebay looking for a service manual went out to the truck and popped the hood and the data plate is missing climbed on it for a fewminutes and found this.

I think the wiki is wrong it says by truck SN (RWL766LST39600) it should be a NTA 400 ISC but from what I can find on the interweb that ISC engine never came out until mid 80's and the pictures of an NTA 400 I could find online don't match the one in the truck. Of course I understand that the engine may have been swapped but waiting on the Mack Museum for verification from the build sheet, that aside want to start getting some manuals ordered so I can start poking around on her before body work.

post-10018-0-79769100-1416779472_thumb.j
post-10018-0-84736700-1416779392_thumb.j
post-10018-0-99984700-1416779426_thumb.j
Here is side shots
post-10018-0-94670100-1416779455_thumb.j
post-10018-0-12998500-1416779441_thumb.j

Robert

Hello!

Congratulations on the new truck and good luck with it! Great pics also - could you please post more photos of the engine compartment? They would help me a lot with my model (although the build is on hold for now). Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Paweł

Anyone know where the engine stamp sn# on a cummins is located when the data plate is missing? Was on ebay looking for a service manual went out to the truck and popped the hood and the data plate is missing climbed on it for a fewminutes and found this.

I think the wiki is wrong it says by truck SN (RWL766LST39600) it should be a NTA 400 ISC but from what I can find on the interweb that ISC engine never came out until mid 80's and the pictures of an NTA 400 I could find online don't match the one in the truck. Of course I understand that the engine may have been swapped but waiting on the Mack Museum for verification from the build sheet, that aside want to start getting some manuals ordered so I can start poking around on her before body work.

attachicon.gif20141123_152242.jpeg

attachicon.gif20141123_152015.jpeg

attachicon.gif20141123_152052.jpeg

Here is side shots

attachicon.gif20141123_152151.jpeg

attachicon.gif20141123_152130.jpeg

There is alot of mis information on wiki. The right engine is a NTC400,although I would think being a '78 it would be a big cam 1 or 2. I'm not up on all the Cummins CPL numbers,the engine in my '86 is a Big Cam 4 CPL676.

Awesome! I am glad that deal worked out for you. I wasn't able to make a deal on the other one. But glad you got your hands on that one. I was going to call back. Talking to the guy he said he had another superliner in the back with a blown clutch. Might be worth looking at.