1977 F model - No Electrical Works

Hello everyone, I'm new here and need some advice. I have a 1977 F model(cabover) and the electrical items quit working. If I start it by jumping across the solenoid, then once it starts charging, everything works. But as soon as you shut it off, you hear a click from under the dash,(like a circuit breaker) and everything(gages, lights, etc.) goes dead. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

you probably answered your own question there is different breakers under the dash I don't have a wire schematic for your truck or know if someone in the past made some changes but I would start there where you hear the clicking. If you don't use the truck that much may be corroded, some mice may have tried to help you rewire and the wiring may need replaced and repaired or just need to replace the breaker.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

On my Cruiseliner the seloniod is behind a panel in front of passengers feet. I don't remember where it was on my F model but I do remember hearing it click when you turned key on. Follow the heaviest wire up into cab. Hopefully that will lead you to it

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!