GMC 7000

NY-B61

GM had a setup where two gas V-6 engines were tied together. Don't know all the details but there was a cab over shown at Macungie with this motor and it looked pretty impressive.

I believe I remember him telling me the exact same thing. He said it would scream when wide open!

That's a monster! Could it be set up for dual carbs? The one in the photo looks like it's set up for a single.

Originally they came with a pair of Rochester 2 barrels. That engine had an intake adapter to run on LNG. The piece in the back is the drive and advance adapter for the pair of 6 Cylinder distributors. Made in stock form about 250 275 h.p. @ 2400 rpm and 585 or 630 pounds of torque @ 1600 rpm. weighs in at a tad over 1500 pounds. Thunder V-12 makes a high performance Twin Six Magnum 956 cubes 500 plus h.p 735 pounds of torque @ 5000 rpm to the tune of $10,000 starting with your engine.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here Texaco oil had I think 5 GMC with that engine. I worked nights then at freigfhtliner and I had most of them saved for me to tune up and I think they needed that done ever two months.The firing order and plug wiring was done like two inline six cyl side by side and they had two dist caps running off of one dist.They also had some autocars with 250 cummins and the drivers claimed they would run with the 250 cummins in the hills but would run faster on flat land.I think I remember them turning 3100 rpm but do know they had a tamper proff governor. It wa vacummin and if you disconnected itit would only idle and the weights for the governor was in the oil pan on the oil pump.They had a single one piece block and crank but four heads.In 1966 the mack dealer here built 5 or maybe more F model cab over mack from scratch with that engine as power.Ten speed roadranger trans with SQHL on Henderson springs.

• Like 1

glenn akers

Originally they came with a pair of Rochester 2 barrels. That engine had an intake adapter to run on LNG. The piece in the back is the drive and advance adapter for the pair of 6 Cylinder distributors. Made in stock form about 250 275 h.p. @ 2400 rpm and 585 or 630 pounds of torque @ 1600 rpm. weighs in at a tad over 1500 pounds. Thunder V-12 makes a high performance Twin Six Magnum 956 cubes 500 plus h.p 735 pounds of torque @ 5000 rpm to the tune of $10,000 starting with your engine.

Thank you for the great info. I had an American LaFrance with a Lycoming V-12 that had twin carbs and distributors also. Were dual distributors factory on your 702 V-12? Did it have a dual or single spark plug arrangement? Great picture also!

There was a late 30's early 40's Chevy or GMC Rat Rod Pickup at the ATHS Show in Springfield,Missouri this last May. It is owned by Steve Hartz from Colorado. It had a V-12 702 GMC gaspot with a 10 speed Roadranger. If anyone gets Wheels of Time it is in the pictures from the Show Truck Edition. Joe D.