Picture request

I'd like to see some pictures of Dayton spokes decked out with chrome lug nut covers. Red spokes with a white rim would be a plus.

And if anyone could tip me off as to what size the lug nuts are I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be ordering lug nut caps soon but I always forget to measure the nuts when I'm at work.

On my MH...

Front

3/4"-16NF spider to drum

Rear

5/8"-18NF spider to drum

Rim clamp

3/4"-10NC

3/4" = 1-1/8" socket

5/8" = 15/16" socket

Ken

The rim clamp nuts are 3/4"-N.C.

But the hex size on the rim clamp nuts aren't the normal 1-1/8"

The 3/4" rim clamp nuts are special nuts that have a 1-1/4" hex size.

Ron

• Like 2

The older trucks had 5/8-11 studs on the front wheels

again a regular 5/8" inch nut would have a 15/16" hex, but the 5/8-11 rim clamp nuts have a 1-1/16" hex on them.

If you go back even farther some of the Dayton wheels on the rear axle also had 5/8" studs on them.

Ron

They are "heavy" nuts.

The older trucks had 5/8-11 studs on the front wheels

again a regular 5/8" inch nut would have a 15/16" hex, but the 5/8-11 rim clamp nuts have a 1-1/16" hex on them.

If you go back even farther some of the Dayton wheels on the rear axle also had 5/8" studs on them.

Ron

I hate those old rear spokes with the 5/8" studs,which in fact were square headed bolts stuck in from the back and held in place with a cotter pin. Yes they were a piece of cake to replace,but more than once they given me fits when the old cotter pin has rusted away and the whole thing starts spinning when you are taking off a tire.

• Like 1