Brockway progress

Sweet Brock!What are the specs?

1674 cat, 8LL, drop in rockwells 6,44 ratio , rockwell six rod suspension. Its the suspension i am most curious about. i wonder how it compares to camelback? of course nothing actually compares to camelback.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A little update here. Almost done need to finish details( tarp, lettering, etc) and one big project... the suspension. it is walking pretty bad. I took it to a spring shop recommended by a couple friends And they gave me an estimate of $9000 to rebush. I going to do it myself. If anyone knows of reasonable parts source for these i would be happy to hear about it. i could also use a parts breakdown/ literature as the local brockway dealer isn't too helpful. rears are sudd.

If anyone knows of reasonable parts source for these i would be happy to hear about it

http://www.stengelbros.com/

I see you are in Berks County. Try Stengel Brothers in Allentown. Very reputable. I send my firetrucks there whenever we have any kind of suspension/spring concerns.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

If your frame is good I would just look for different rears and springs and re drill the frame. Hendrickson would be a good fit then you could get parts still.

That is exactly what the guy at the spring shop said. Probably the smartest move... but i' am stubborn and am going to try and fix it first. If i go this route i will roll a set of 46k or 52k camelback under there. I already measured it will go right in.