Leslie,

Congrats!

See if you can find a facility where you can "rent time" to practice. I was able to rent time at a local facility to practice the "skills" portions (straight line, offset, alley/dock, and parallel parking). Hardest part for me was the pre-trip test.

I remember seeing an article a while back that mentioned the only way to get a CDL was through a certified school.

P.S. I know a place where you can rent a trailer.... :whistling:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Congrats!

I started with a "B" license when I first started with Penske Truck Leasing many years ago. I was hired to move rental units (straight trucks) from different facilities. I moved up to bobtailing which required an "A" license. Penske would let me practice moving 48 & 53' box vans in their yard. The hardest part was moving the pups, they were a PITA.

When the time came for the driving test they offered me a Class "A" driver to accompany me and a daycab Freightshaker hooked to a 48' flatbed. The test was a walk in the park!

Good luck and get practice with your pre-trip and dock backing.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

ahrite man...,,,,but your going to have to know what the DMV is gonna want from you ,,,my 2 cents is go to local truck driving school and take a brush up coarse,,,its usually a fraction of entire coarse,,,pre trip and parillel park is the hardest good luck...bob

:SMOKIE-RT:

"There's a guy in Miami that will sign you off for about a grand.

I think all the waste haulers use him."

I wonder if he signed off the garbage truck drivers here in Elko;some of THEM drive like they bought their licenses from out of State.. :whistling: ....

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

• Like 1

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Passed my Class A CDL written test today and am the proud holder of a Class A CDL learners permit!

Now I just need to figure out how to get some time pulling/backing a trailer!!! :banana:

find a friend with a trailer they aren't using much, like a storage trailer and hook the superliner to it and haul ass man.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Congratulations! I once took a friend who bought a truck over to the wood yard that I hauled chips from on a weekend when the yard was closed, and he had plenty of room to drive around and practice. He would back onto the scales to practice backing up, no one was around to bother him, he could take all the time he needed. After a while you just do it without even thinking about it, maybe you could find a place like that to practice with a trailer.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Just go get him and head to the wood yard O.D.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"