halloween question

mrsmackpaul

Was wondering today as halloween is new in Australia ( big business trying fleece us out of more coin I feel )when a kid comes and knocks on your door and sings out " trick or treat " does anyone do a trick or do you blokes give them some treat and send them on there way

And just for the record I hope it dosnt catch on in Australia as we are Aussies and should keep our own Aussie traditions and not copy everyone else but I guess time will tell

Paul

• Like 1

Our township had Halloween last Sunday (3p-5p). They always have it the Sunday before and during daylight hours. If you want to "participate", you are to turn on the porch light. We stopped giving candy many years ago...after we had over 100 kids. The kids were "bused" in from other areas. If it was just the kids (10-20) in the subdivision, we would not have an issue. One year a guy rode his four wheeler pulling a big wagon full of kids, stopping at each house along the street.

BTW, the little b....ds still ring the door bell even if the porch light is not on.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

thanks fellas we never had it at all till two or three years ago and its on TV every night its a shame that they try force us into it I have never had any one knock on our door because I live out of town on a farm I think it stops a lot of crap

Paul

My neighborhood really lives it up for Halloween. It's a very festive event here. All of the adults drag the lawn chairs out to the sidewalks or sit on the front steps of the house, and hand out candy to the goblins. Some gather on their frontyards and light up the grills and cook burgers, dogs or whatever in what is usually the last cookout of the year for them (my grill gets used year round, even in the falling snow...lol) The wife and I walked Large, Medium, Small and Extra Small around for their candy but we played a game- I filled a flask with some of Mother Russia's finest, and every time we saw an "Elsa" (the ice princess from Disney's newest movie Frozen) you had to take a nip. Flask was empty in 45 minutes and wife was walking sideways.

A neighbor's yard all decorated up

post-1729-0-60889700-1414851506_thumb.jp

Another neighbor who treats kids to a book of their choice instead of candy

post-1729-0-91511700-1414851518_thumb.jp

SWMBO with Extra Small in a snuggli carrier

post-1729-0-28072800-1414851528_thumb.jp

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

yep as I say glad you blokes do it and do it well in Australia we seem to run a muck at different times of the year as our winter is when your summer is I reckon the biggest weekend and a long weekend at that is Easter oh boy does Australia run a muck then last good weather before winter our big city's get deserted everyone goes camping any where with water around it turns into tent city oh my head is getting sore just thinking about it all in the name of being an Aussie :twothumbsup:

Paul

As about here we don't selebrate Helloween.

Shure many people know it exists and you can see pumpkins in the windows of some shops and restaurants in the city.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I live at the dead end of my street, which is also the border between the borough and the township. The biggest trick is knowing which day the T or T'ers are going to show up since the days are often times not the same for the 2 municipalities. We had prolly 20-25 on the day that the borough celebrated, but I live in the township. No one showed up on our day.

Jim

yep as I say glad you blokes do it and do it well in Australia we seem to run a muck at different times of the year as our winter is when your summer is I reckon the biggest weekend and a long weekend at that is Easter oh boy does Australia run a muck then last good weather before winter our big city's get deserted everyone goes camping any where with water around it turns into tent city oh my head is getting sore just thinking about it all in the name of being an Aussie :twothumbsup:

Paul

Paul, you should come see what Easter is like in my game, f___ing tourists! It's worse than Christmas!!! :o

:mack1:

OD if I come to your house and trick or treat I'mma coming for steak or piggy on your grill. Maybe some hot sauce, too.

That'll be fine, come on down! And bring Star, xsm, sm, med, lg, xl, xxl, and all the rest. I didn't make any hot sauce last year but i'm planning to make some more this year.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.