cv 713 two outside cab marker lights not working

Has anybody had a problem with a cv713 granite cab marker lights ? have a truck at work and the three middle marker lights work but not the outer two, truck has just one light switch, not like the older ones that have two switches, have no wiring diagrams at work to go off of, tried changing the turn signal switch and the relay at firewall but that doesnt do anything all fuses are good, didnt know if there was another relay hidden under dash ? You can hear the relay working when you push the switch on turn signal switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not found the problem, but i have not been able to work on the truck since i posted. I thought that i would be able to find a wiring diagram on here but i did not see any. What happened to the day when Mack used to have the wiring diagram in the cover of the fuse box, none of our Cv713 came from Mack with them, but before we got them they were sent to have tanks put on them and then off to be painted so they could have disappeared along the way. I figured the boss would buy one but he doesnt seem interested in doing that and i have not been able to get to a dealer to try and purchase one myself.

I have had a phone call on that one twice! Theres another fuse panel under the hood on the firewall near the coolant tank, "cl lights". If you already checked there, the switch turns on both the clearance and park light circuits and they go to relays in the dash on the right side.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Oh and make sure you are getting power to both the cl and tail studs on the distribution block on the firewall in the same area, lemme know if that helps.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Sorry have been busy with the cold snap that has hit us in northern illinois and all the problems associated with the cold. The relay in the fuse box by the coolant tanks works as you can hear it when you flash the markers with the turn signal switch all other fuses check out good inside the cab and in the fuse box outside the cab on firewall.

Check to see if you have power to the cl terminal on the terminal strip on the firewall, when you turn on your park lights two studs should have power park and cl, if so pull a bulb and make sure you don't have power to the light and its not just a bulb or socket issue, not being mean but its happened before.

Thanks to all

I finally found the problem

The breaker under the hood for the class lights was bad. Not having a meter to check them individually I moved them around to check them and I could not find the bad breaker. The relay that went to that breaker was bad also so when I moved the breakers around it did not fix the problem. I have bought and placed more breakers, fuses and relays than anybody else that the Mack salesman could remember.

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

Thanks to all

I finally found the problem

The breaker under the hood for the class lights was bad. Not having a meter to check them individually I moved them around to check them and I could not find the bad breaker. The relay that went to that breaker was bad also so when I moved the breakers around it did not fix the problem. I have bought and placed more breakers, fuses and relays than anybody else that the Mack salesman could remember.

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

• 6 years later...
On 11/17/2014 at 9:07 PM, Mack man 1973 said:

I have the factory wiring diagrams for a cv .i have diagrams for all the electric systems in a cv. Will be glad to get your copy send me a pm

Could I get a copy of that wiring diagram? If so what’s ur email address?