Rubber hood rest pics

Im in need of a couple pictures of the lower hood rests on a RS700L truck the steel part is still there but the rubber is gone they look like they might be like the lower hood rests that peterbuilt uses. If I can get a picture I can make new rubber pieces but need to know what they look like first I have been busy polishing up all the aluminum on the truck these will be next on the list.

Hell get a pn and buy em from mack, they had mine in the system.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

They can't look it up with the Vin number? Interesting, call Winrock truck parts in oliver springs Tn and they'll ship em to ya.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I've never seen rubber on those, doesn't mean its not supposed to be there, come on long hood r guys what goes here?

I finally got a diagram you are right they never had rubber on them they are a guide but as the truck gets older the fiberglass has a tendency to sag inward with the weight of the fenders and the hood rubs the firewall. I bought some one inch rubber pads and cut them to fit and bolted them on they look like they could have been stock the hood rides perfect now also the top rubber rests were a little worn so I shimmed them the hood rides perfect like the thing just left the factory. In all the years I drove a truck this was one of my pet peeves not keeping the hood adjusted right so every time you hit a bump the hood wouldn't slam into the firewall creating an irritating banging while I drove down the road not to mention the damage it does to both the hood and firewall.

• Like 1

I finally got a diagram you are right they never had rubber on them they are a guide but as the truck gets older the fiberglass has a tendency to sag inward with the weight of the fenders and the hood rubs the firewall. I bought some one inch rubber pads and cut them to fit and bolted them on they look like they could have been stock the hood rides perfect now also the top rubber rests were a little worn so I shimmed them the hood rides perfect like the thing just left the factory. In all the years I drove a truck this was one of my pet peeves not keeping the hood adjusted right so every time you hit a bump the hood wouldn't slam into the firewall creating an irritating banging while I drove down the road not to mention the damage it does to both the hood and firewall.

ya that would eat me alive as well......know what you mean...looks good .bob

I just checked and they are trying to find the wear plates that are missing there is a parts guy at mack who seems to like puzzles he has been very helpful in the quest for parts for this truck however long it takes he manages to find the pictures for me in an old crash book the body lines match the hood now like they are supposed to.