New to me motor.

We broke my 10 month old engine in my RS last week. Along with a flat tire and a disintegrated clutch. Long story and two less employees. We are in the process of installing a different motor. Problem is we don't know exactly what the motor we are installing is. It came out of a 89 super liner and runs good with no blowby and has a dynatard. But someone stole the engine tag so I don't know horsepower or other pertinent info. It is a 2 valve with tip turbine. Any ideas how to tell what I have?

We broke my 10 month old engine in my RS last week. Along with a flat tire and a disintegrated clutch. Long story and two less employees. We are in the process of installing a different motor. Problem is we don't know exactly what the motor we are installing is. It came out of a 89 super liner and runs good with no blowby and has a dynatard. But someone stole the engine tag so I don't know horsepower or other pertinent info. It is a 2 valve with tip turbine. Any ideas how to tell what I have?

One of the best Mack Motors I ever had! it can be boosted up a little but will last a very very long time!! I like the 2 valve motors but they do have weak cam's so if you have an engine brake don't use it if you don't have to !! Good luck!

BULLHUSK

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. It came out of an 80. Got it from TJ at vanderhaags.

That must have been from this white one they parted out last year,I think it was.I tried to buy it whole but they wanted too much for it. Stuff like this is hard to buy from them because they can't make more parting it out.

post-61-0-46644600-1414327384_thumb.jpg

TJ has a really cool R700. It's a '69 or '70 glider kit with a 864 V8 and a Triplex,thought I had pics of it too but can't find them.